o n e

• planting seeds •

"The butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state."

He was late to school as usual. He got into so many troubles for always being late, his mother used to scold him since he was a kid but he never learned. His school uniform was a mess just as his tousled hair. He was running and pushing gently the people around him to get into the subway station on time.

"Sorry." He'd whisper every time someone turned around to give him a judging look.

When he finally made it into the train, he looked for an empty zone and decided to stand next to the door as he held onto the rail. His eyes toured the scene as he put on his earphones to listen to some music.

He checked his clock and it marked 6:45 a.m. He closed his eyes and mentally cursed himself, he knew he was going to be definitely late this time and he didn't even have a good excuse.

Once he opened his eyes again his body froze in place. He held on tight on the rail, his hands wrapping strongly around the cold metal, his eyes widening in surprise. He swallowed hard as he stared at the girl sitting across him. He felt his heart beating faster and his temples throbbing. He had never felt like this before, as if his whole body trembled and there was nothing he could do about it. He blinked several times to see if maybe it was a hallucination but it wasn't, she was sitting right there across him.

He tilted his head with his eyes still widened, for about five minutes he stared until the girl felt it and she looked back. Her expression was a bit surprised, she didn't know someone was staring at her but it made her feel uncomfortable for a moment.

He opened his lips slightly as he tried to say something but his voice was stuck on the back of his throat. Everything was happening in slow motion on his head, even the train was moving slowly. She looked up and their eyes met, both had dark eyes like the night.

The girl had orange hair tied in a perfect pony tail, she was wearing high heels and it looked like she was dressed formally. He opened his eyes and took a step towards her still with his shocked face but soon the voice from the speaker woke him up from his daydream. He blinked twice and turned to look at the girl but she was gone now.

He rushed out of the train and looked around, he looked everywhere but she was nowhere close. He ran upstairs and did his way out of the subway station. His eyes widened in shock, looking everywhere until his whole body froze when he spotted an orange pony tail on the distance.

He couldn't even react, without any warning his legs began to move, running towards the girl. He couldn't even remember where he was going, he only knew he needed to find her.

"Watch your way!" Some citizens would yell at him every time he stumbled into someone.

"Sorry." He'd automatically reply. His eyes were fixed on her back. He watched the orange pony tail moving slowly as she walked. He felt his heart beating faster. She stopped and walked toward a door. He looked at the building and realized it was the university. He sighed when he acknowledge she was going inside the university now. Sitting in the nearest bench, he waited and waited until his clock hit the midday.