t w e n t y t w o

ara blinked twice at the blonde's words. she thought she had misheard him, more like she hoped. "excuse me?" she found herself asking again. taehyung swallowed hard.

"if i win... this case, would you have a dinner with me?" he repeated. now she realized she had heard it fine the first time. a wave of nerves exploded right on that place between her chest.

why would this young man would want to have a dinner with her? he was handsome, smart, wealthy... he could have any young and pretty girl he wanted, why would he invite her to have dinner with him?

the whole thing sounded weird for her. she looked away and sighed. "taehyung... you have dinner here all the time, i am sure-

"i am not talking about that, i am talking about going out for dinner... the two of us..." he said steadily. he didn't even hesitate, because there was no need to, he was sure about what he was asking, after all he had been thinking about it for the past days.

ara widened her eyes and taehyung noticed how the woman looked confused but also alarmed. he really wanted to have a date with do ara but he thought that maybe he have dropped the bomb too soon. he cursed mentally at himself for being in such a rush and quickly tried to fix this mess.

"i mean... as a celebratory dinner you know? if we win the case" he said now, trying to look innocent. ara sighed in relief and chuckled. she was really anxious over thinking about going or not with him. she didn't want people to think wrong about them, especially her. having dinner alone with a young man would bring whispers around, especially because people would think they were in the romantic plan.

"if it's a celebratory dinner then... we could have it here and what's best, for free..." she said pointing at her surroundings, more specifically to the restaurant and smiling widely. taehyung sighed as he laughed bitterly. when he talked about having dinner, he didn't mean to have it there, more like in a fancy place, a good place, a place she deserved.

"Right... it would be fun." he said winking at her causing a deep blush on ara's cheeks. she quickly turned around to avoid eye contact with the handsome blonde in front of her. he smiled, aware of the effect he had on her and took another sip of soju.

tricking ara was easy, he thought. he just had to agree with her right now, but he would manage to change her mind in the future, he just needed more time.

"well... are you ready for the court?" she asked now looking straight into his eyes. his dark eyes sparkled at her. he always found exciting when she wanted to start the conversation or just to know more about him.

"Of course... i've done this many times, trust me." 

"i do." she chuckled as she looked sweetly at him. taehyung looked at his clock and realized it was late. he could stay there until the morning if it was for him, but he knew how hard she worked and how tired she must be feeling right now. he couldn't relate though, he was never tired. since he got this heart it was as if almost he became not only immortal but invincible too.

"it's late... i should go now." he stood from the seat and walked to the door, only to be stopped by ara's soft touch on his elbow. he quickly turned and looked down at her. she stood there with a package on her hands. she bowed slightly and handed the small box to him.

"ajumma... what is this?"

"it's food to keep you healthy and strong so you can win this case." taehyung felt touched by her gesture. he couldn't believe he had managed to make his way into the woman's heart and now she cared about him too in a way that he wished since the first day he laid eyes on her.