f i f t y e i g h t

after that day in the janitor's room, everything changed. both would wake up with big smiles on their faces. both would rush to the school and both hearts would race when they caught the sight of each other every morning.

even if they were being really careful with how they acted towards each other, sometimes they would display affection when people weren't looking. they both would glance at each other during class, ara would brush her fingers against taehyung's hands when she delivered a paper. and both would brush their legs under the table when having lunch. always being super careful to not be caught.

like that, days passed and after they exchanged phone numbers everything became easier. they would text or talk on the phone until one of them would pass out and the other would either sent a good night message or end the call with a sad smile.  

truth be told, it had been taehyung's happiest period of time since he could remember. living all the stuff he didn't live with any of the aras, the blood rushing through his veins, his heart racing at the young love. he wasn't young exactly, but he did look young and he felt young again because of her.

"taehyung-ssi... we should have a proper date." she said as they were talking on the phone that night. taehyung's eyes widened as he remained silent on the line.

"arasseo... that silence is telling me you don't want to-

"ani... it's not that... it's just, it's dangerous."

"i know... that's why we're having it away from here."

"how is that?"

"i know a place, i'll text you the address... just meet me there, alright?"

"when?"

"this saturday at noon."

"arasseo... are you sure about this?"

"ne... it'll be our very first date seonsaengnim."

"i know..." 

his mind suddenly filled with troublesome thoughts. the thought of being caught with her always bothered him. it was like a hammer on his nape.

"aigoo... gwenchana?" 

he heard her voice calling him. soon he had his feet on the ground again. her sweet voice would always bring him back home.

"ne... i'll be there." 

he heard her small giggles and he imagined she was probably doing a small victory dance.

the week passed dramatically slow for taehyung. he was surely looking forward to meet her that saturday and when saturday finally came, he woke up with a raced heart and it remained like that the whole morning.

anticipation of seeing her again and alone just brought up the worst in him. he was a tangle of nerves and he wanted to slap himself since he was a grown man already but the only sight of her would transport him back to when he was a teenager.

he sat on a free bench as he checked his clock which marked 12:27 p.m. she had said at noon so he assumed it was around that time.

in front of him was a glass wall, inside there were stores. he saw his own reflection on it and noticed how his eyes looked different. that old gloomy vibe was now long forgotten, replaced by a sparkle he never thought he would see again.