e p i l o g u e

30 years later

After a long day of reviewing cases and visiting the court plenty times. Taehyung was now on his office, looking through the window how the rain made sparkly everything it touched down in the city. Countless skyscrapers piled around his.

His hands resting on his pockets as he sighed, a heavy deep sigh. He has worked all day and now it was 5:37 p.m. He was tired and hungry but the thought of going back to his place right now didn't seem like the most exciting idea, especially because it was raining outside.

The temperature inside the office was surprisingly cold, he didn't bother. Somehow he was used to it by now, being in cold and lonely places. After staring at the chaotic city for what seemed hours, the rain finally stopped. He sighed as he checked his watch, it marked now 6:17 p.m. He knew it was time to go back.

He grabbed his coat, phone and keys and did his way downstairs. Secretaries and employees would bid their goodbyes to the young brilliant prodigy. Kim Law Firm had become one of the top Law firms in the city. Somehow the people who worked for him now, felt proud and happy to have such an incredibly young and smart boss.

He stopped on the entrance door of the building, not sure of walking out. He didn't have an umbrella with him today and even thought it wasn't raining there were still small drops of rain falling randomly around. Taehyung sighed as he closed his eyes, smelling the pleasant aroma of the rain.

Knowing why he hasn't walked out of the building was something he didn't like to think about. He knew he didn't want to make it home yet, he was just buying time. Finally when he saw a few employees leaving, he walked outside too. His hands still on the pockets of his black coat, hesitant steps towards the covered parking lot.

Being the owner of the Law Firm had its perks. He would get the best parking lot, the one of his choosing, so when the time came, he chose the one that was further from the entrance. The reason was pretty obvious, at least for him. Taehyung wanted to invest as much time as he could just to not arrive home early. Walking through the three floors of the parking lot will give him at least 7-8 minutes more, so he'll arrive 7-8 minutes late.

Some days he would just go to bars and drink until it was pretty late. He would arrive home at 12:00 or 1:00 a.m just to pass out on the couch not even making it to his room. He hated living in his apartment. He has moved several times and none had brought the comfort of living alone, he just couldn't stand it.

His mind was vaguely going from one case to another. Reviewing information on his mind, quietly as he walked towards the third floor. He had important meetings tomorrow with important clients. He sighed once he spotted the familiar number 1 in dark blue, painted on the concrete wall. He knew he had arrived the last floor. He walked through the familiar place, passing the cars around him but he soon stopped on his tracks when he saw a man standing next to his car.

The man was wearing a dark blue suit and a red tie. He was looking at Taehyung with an unreadable face as he held a folder between his hands. Taehyung sighed as he kept walking towards his car, this time his eyes on the old man's. He assumed this was probably a new potential client, someone who wanted Taehyung's help, like many others.

He would never refuse to help other people, but situations like this, he had lived in the past. People would now and then wait for him on his car just to ask for help. Once Taehyung reached the man, he stood in front of him and waited for the man to talk. He was too tired to initiate the conversation. He just waited patiently with his hands on his pockets.