t w e n t y f i v e

"taehyung?" her voice was almost a whisper. she spoke almost as if she didn't want to disturb him, afraid of how he might act towards her. the place looked cold and lonely around him. taehyung had a look of someone who's been through a lot in the past days, she worried about him.

"taehyung?" she asked again, taking another step towards him. she was now practically next to him. he slowly turned his head around and looked at her, with a mouthful of noodles. his eyes were pitch black and remained motionless on her for a couple of seconds but then he returned to his meal quietly.

ara stood there next to him, astonished, unsure of what to say or do. "taehyung... h-how are you?" she tried to make conversation but the boy remained in silent, apparently refusing to talk.

"yah! why are you eating instant noodles when I can make you better and tastier homemade noodles?" he sighed and took another mouthful of noodles, once again ignoring her completely.

"taehyung!" she exclaimed-whispered but now the blonde stood from the table, his towering figure standing next to her, threatening her. he looked down at her for a couple of seconds but then he threw the plastic cup on the trash along with the napkin and walked outside of the store.

ara watched him going out, walking indifferently, confused about his behavior, she followed him. Talking with him seemed like something impossible right now so ara remained silent too, just walking behind him. she wondered about his car since it seemed like he didn't bring it he was walking on the sidewalk and his car was nowhere to be seen.

thinking about ways to make him talk seemed almost like an impossible task. she was stressed because he wasn't talking to her. she called his name a couple more of times but he ignored her again.

ara followed him for at least 20 minutes, she reached a point where she was tired and stopped walking. she groaned in frustration and exclaimed. "yah! why didn't you bring your car with you?"

taehyung suddenly stopped walking. hands on the pockets of this dark navy blue long coat. he slowly turned around and looked at her. she noticed he was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a white long sleeved cotton shirt and tired eyes.

"i wasn't in the mood for driving tonight." his deep voice sent cold shivers down her spine. after all this time that he ignored her, now that he finally talked to her and looked straight into her eyes, ara felt self-conscious now and shyness took over her.

she eyed him from head to toe with a judging look, his clothes seemed too thin and totally inadequate for wear tonight . "it's cold you know? you should wear more warm clothes." taehyung sighed and turned around and kept walking.

"taehyung!" she rushed towards him, walking now next to his towering figure. "Uh?"

"where do you live?" her voice was sweet and it send a sting sensation to taehyung's undying but somehow hurt heart.

when she talked to him like this, he felt weak. he wanted to stop the clocks and run to her and hug her tightly between his arms.

"Northwest."

ara widened her eyes after hearing taehyung's address. "Really?... why would you go to my restaurant if you live there? that's almost 30-40 minutes away- she stopped talking when taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. for a moment she felt she was being a burden since he seemed annoyed at her.

but he couldn't believe she hasn't realized the reason why he would frequent her place rather than others.

"taehyung, i... i – i..." she didn't know how to start the conversation. she have never received documents such as she received two weeks ago, the ones that taehyung left for her on the table, so she didn't know how to talk about it.