f o u r

It had been three days since the last time she saw Taehyung. That night she drove him home and she touched his arm to reveal a pair of scars. Without even knowing it, she had found herself thinking about him. She was now curious about his life and even more about those scars she saw on his arm. She wondered thousands of things. She wondered if he was suicidal and he had cut himself in the past or if they maybe were battle scars that usually kids have while growing up. Either way, they looked really painful and judging by the look on his eyes, that was something she wasn't supposed to see, it caught him out of guard and maybe now he was ashamed. She thought about all these things and cursed herself mentally for putting the boy in this position. Maybe she wasn't meant to see them, maybe that's something that is part of his past and he wanted to keep it hidden.

She groaned in frustration as she stared at the white board behind her teacher. She was talking about the statistics of homicide and she usually liked this subject but right now her mind was somewhere else.

"Just study hard, remember final exams are next week! Fighting!" The teacher said as she held a fist in the air. All the students agreed as the teacher dismissed the class. Ara grabbed all her stuff and did her way out of the classroom. She had her eyes around, scanning the faculty. Medicine and Law were two careers that shared the same campus so she was looking for someone specific, a high school boy waiting for his brother outside. The thought of Taehyung waiting for his older brother made her feel disappointed somehow, she got used to see him waiting for her those first three days when they hang out but she knew he was probably there because he was waiting for his brother.

She stepped outside but to her misfortune, he wasn't there, just like those three days before. She released a heavy sigh as she walked slowly out of the faculty. She wondered how Taehyung's brother would look like and how old he was. She looked around trying to find a familiar face, maybe he looked alike his brother but all the students didn't seem to have similar features to Taehyung, she thought he was unique in a certain way.

Ara reached her car and drove to the public library. She had yet to return the books they lent her a few days ago and now she had to pick up new ones for her assignments. She rushed into the library and greeted the lovely lady on the lobby, after returning her books, she walked towards the law section to pick up the new titles. After she collected everything she looked for an empty table and sat with the tons of book to take some notes.

The library wasn't empty, but there weren't too much students. Including her, there were only four students in that area, so she felt at peace. She opened the books and started reading. While her mind was lost in the subject, she began to feel uneasy, as if she was being observed. She looked around but none of the students were looking at her, they were just focused on their books so she returned her head down to the books.

A couple of minutes later a plastic cup of coffee was placed next to her. She widened her eyes as someone pulled the chair next to her and sat there. Slowly turning around she met a pair of familiar dark eyes. He was staring at her with his arms crossed on his chest, a cheeky look as he waited eagerly for her to talk.

"What is this?" Ara asked without taking her eyes off him. He sighed and shook his head.

"Hi Taehyung, how are you? I am fine thank you and you? Oh I am fine thanks?" He blurted out giving her a judging look. Ara rolled her eyes and then pointed at the coffee.

"Yah!" She scolded him. "What is this?" She asked again.

"Coffee. Are you blind?"

"What?" Taehyung knew what she meant with that question but he wouldn't give in so easily. He knew she wanted to know why he was doing this, bringing her coffee out of nowhere if he disappeared for three whole days.