t h i r t y t h r e e

"president kim... you have a call." taehyung's assistant said. he nodded and picked up the phone.

"hello..? "

"ahh taehyung... it's me joongi."

"ahh joongi-"

"did you eat?"

"yes actually a few minutes ago, what can i do for you?"

"ahh well it's just that ara returned and i was wondering if you had free this saturday? you know... about that double date, remember?"

taehyung felt his temples throbbing, he pulled the phone down for a second and tried to control his breathing. just hearing her name made his heart flutter. he quickly put the phone back to his ear.

"uh yeah... i am free."

"great then yeun will call you assistant for the hour and the place."

"sure, that would be nice."

"sure man, see you on saturday."

"okay take care."

joongi hung up. taehyung breathed heavily, placing the phone back. he looked around his office. the only thought of seeing her again just made his knees going weak. would she remember him? 

that was the thing that troubled him the most. but soon he remembered he needed to take someone with him. he dialed the number as he scratched the back of his head.

after the fifth beep he heard the voice.

"man yo man wassup yeah"

"yah... are you free saturday night?

"what for?"

"i have a business dinner and they told me to bring someone"

"do i have to pay for-

"of course not."

"free food?"

taehyung hummed.

"yeah man i am in yo."

"can you stop that?"

"why? i am being cool."

"it's annoying, please don't bring that attitude this saturday-

"but taetae-

taehyung hung up the phone as he rolled his eyes. he couldn't believe the audacity this person had. he leaned back on his chair and sighed. he knew he shouldn't be nervous about this whole thing but he didn't know how he would react when he sees her again. 

he knew usually he was someone calmed and very conservative but just the thought of seeing her again just made his heart flutter. 

"ahh i am being serious... you even picked me up, woah what a gentleman." taehyung just laughed at the comment and shook his head.

"let's go." he said once he turned on the engine again and drove away. the whole way to the restaurant he was lost in thoughts, it was hard to focus on the conversation, he just wanted to see her again. 

they arrived in time, taehyung parked the car and walked with his companion to the entrance of the restaurant. "woah this is fancy." he heard next to him. but his mind was working in all ways, his heart was raced, his widened eyes looking around for a familiar face, one he had seen before, plenty times.