e p i l o g u e

the burial was simple and quick, but above all it was sad, at least from taehyung's perspective. he couldn't believe ara had such a small amount of friends and no family at all. it saddened him, thinking about how much in common they had even in this life.

ara's words flashed on his mind the day he met her. "there's no such a thing as a lonely life, there's always someone taehyung."

it was true, but in taehyung's life for a couple of months, she was the only one in his life and now he was back at being alone. he has been alone for over 100 years, only a glimpse of happiness and company accompanied him, those were the months he spent with ara, even if it was a simple friendship, they were rewarding for him but now they were gone.

he remembered that time when he woke up from the coma and realized his mother and his girlfriend were gone. he would never forget the feeling he had, as if his world had just crumbled down at his feet. an uncertainty, fear and solitude. being alone was something he didn't enjoy at all but was now used to after all these years. but somehow finding ara again made him believe that maybe there was hope for him. after ara's sudden death, all his hopes and dreams had vanished once again.

after the priest said the last words, he stayed still on his spot, watching the people going away. only him and woonki remained on their spots. the small man glanced at the tall one and sighed.

"i guess she was waiting for you." he mumbled. taehyung frowned and quickly turned to look at him. confusion all over his face.

woonki noticed the blonde was lost, he shook his head. "she... she kept talking about you the past few months." woonki said scratching the back of his head. taehyung felt his heart beating faster as woonki revealed those words to him.

he looked at the man and clenched his jaw. taehyung felt angry at himself, for missing. for missing all those moments he could have spent with her, but there was some fault on ara's side too, after all she told him to go away, he just complied to her orders.

he sighed. "what did she say?"

woonki swallowed hard. "just stuff." taehyung knew the man didn't want to talk and now he was more than curious to know what she said during those times.

"what happened to her?" woonki looked at the blonde with big eyes. "she got sick suddenly... not so long after you disappeared... she... changed."

taehyung now wondered how she changed? how he affected her? he never knew he was important to her, especially because he remembered confessing to her and she never confessed her feelings back on the other side, she pushed him away. this led taehyung to believe she never loved him like he did to her.

woonki remained silent next to taehyung. the blonde noticed how he started crying silently, trying too hard to not be seen. "i loved her... but she never loved me back, at least not in the way i expected her to."

taehyung glanced at the bearded crying man and sighed. he didn't feel sorry for him, in fact, knowing that ara never loved him back, even if it sounded selfish, made him feel at ease. he hated the thought of her loving someone else, especially after she confessed to him on her dying bed.

"she loved you instead." the blonde widened his eyes, he slowly turned around and stared at the man. woonki wiped his tears away and looked at taehyung. he noticed how hurt he was. "she kept talking about you, and calling your name... i thought maybe it was other taehyung... but i confirmed it when she died-

"you listened." taehyung couldn't believe it. he never imagined woonki would have listened to their conversation but somehow he felt as if a weight had been removed from his back. he didn't want to rub it on woonki's face because that would make him look like trash but he wanted people to know she loved him.