f o r t y t w o

• 

"are you okay?" hoseok rushed to taehyung's side once the police officer left his apartment, he just nodded.

"yeah, don't worry." he said looking into hoseok's eyes, reaffirming it. but hoseok was usually a nervous guy, he would always get stressed over anything.

"ahh seriously.. jungkook? i would have never thought... what did he want anyways? i tried to hear to your conversation but it was bit difficult." he asked, sitting on the couch next to taehyung.

he bit his lip, trying to come up with a good excuse that didn't involve lying nor revealling the entire truth to hoseok. "he just wanted money, power... i don't know, he asked for the whole company." hoseok's eyes widened in surprise.

the blonde always knew jungkook was not to be trusted but he never expected such a low blow from him. but then hoseok's facial expressions changed, a visible frown appeared, taehyung noticed.

"b-but... why?" he asked, hoseok turned to look at taehyung, still frowning but as if he had realized something.

"did you know jeon jansook passed away this morning? maybe this whole thing was because-

"what?" taehyung stood from the couch in shock, he couldn't believe his own ears. hoseok looked at him with widened eyes and cursing himself mentally. maybe that wasn't the best time to tell taehyung the sad news, he thought.

"he had a heart attack and died this morning, maybe... i mean i don't want to excuse jungkook's behavior but maybe he's just out of control because of the sad news of his grandfather." taehyung ran a hand through his black locks. trying to put all the pieces together was hard. it didn't make any sense. 

hoseok found taehyung shaking his head. "what is it?"

"nothing, it's just... i am shocked, that's it." taehyung looked away as he regretted telling lies to hoseok but he couldn't admit openly jungkook's real motives and what led him to do this.

hoseok nodded as he remained silent, sitting on the couch with his hand on his chin, almost lost in thought. taehyung noticed his friend's commotion so he offered a beer to which hoseok easily agreed. taehyung walked towards the kitchen and soon was followed by the blonde. 

"although... he mentioned something about a heart? yours especifically." hoseok said once taehyung opened the fridge to get their beers. he stopped for a second, heart racing at the possibility of hoseok had listened to the whole thing.

"i mean... this gon sound a bit crazy but- hoseok frowned, biting his lip softly as if he was having a hard time thinking about it- was he... in love with you?" taehyung sighed in relief when he noticed hoseok's suspicions were totally wrong, he couldn't help but laugh.

he walked towards hoseok and handed him a beer. "no... i don't think so." hoseok grabbed the beer and took a long sip. 

"maybe... he was just drugged or something, i don't know." hoseok just nodded in agreement with taehyung's words. he thought maybe jungkook was that kind of person, after all, one must be crazy to go to your ceo's house, kidnap him on his own house and death-threatening him.

"anyway... i assume you're not going to work tomorrow right? you need to rest-

"can't eo that. i have to work-

"taehyung! leave it all to me, i'll deal with it, just rest. after this crazy night you should really rest." taehyung looked at his friend and smiled warmly. he truly appreciated what he did for him.

"yes okay, fine." he said bowing, the blonde just laughed. "ah stop it now, you make me nervous." he said and they both just laughed. 

"i am leaving now, i'll have to go tomorrow earlier to put all this in its place." hoseok said leaving the now the empty can beer on the table and walking towards the door, taehyung followed him.