f i f t y t w o

taehyung stopped walking and looked down at her. his eyes widened at the girl's words.

playlist?

soon he remembered the note he found on his desk. now the handwriting seemed familiar, after he remembered her written essay.

it was her.

"that... was you?" he asked still in disbelief. she just nodded eagerly and kept walking. taehyung glanced at her and quickly followed.

 "i noticed you were feeling a bit sad so i thought in ways i could help and remembered that i usually feel a lot better after hearing music so i thought maybe that would work with you too seonsaengnim." ara's sweet smile almost made taehyung's feet melt right there in the sand.

he cleared his throat, bringing himself back to reality. "ah... ne. it was really nice, gomawo ara-ssi."

he looked down to the sand, trying to control his accelerated breathing. "i didn't expect it, it was new for me." he said then glancing at her, she just smiled.

"what was your favorite song?" she asked narrowing her eyes, tilting her head. anticipating his answer, she had a few options on her mind already. 

taehyung looked around, feeling a bit uneasy. the conversation surely had taken a u-turn. he looked at both of them and remembered they were wearing normal clothes and breathed in relief. he was used to see her with her uniform so for a moment he thought if people see them together will think wrong probably.

"uh... serendipity." he answered honestly. after he listened it the first time, he thought it was beautiful and he would find himself replaying it again and again. it made him feel at peace.

ara jumped of excitement. it was surely her first option. "ne... it's quite good right?" he just nodded, a bit embarrassed of the topic they were discussing. 

"so that was you."

"ne."

"why happy 28th?"

"It's because there are 28 songs in there." she said as if it was obvious, he just nodded.

"then... why jolieorange18?" he asked then, still confused about the username, she just laughed. "well it's pretty obvious isn't it?" taehyung tilted his head, confused.

"aigoo... seonsaengnim... jolie is pretty in french and my mom says i am pretty, also french is a language i am going to learn in the future because i find it beautiful.." taehyung chuckled, he felt his cheeks burning and prayed that it wouldn't show because he would feel truly embarrassed.

"orange because of obvious reasons?" she said pointing to her orange hair, styled in the familiar ponytail. he just nodded.

"and 18 because that's my age." she said shrugging.

18.

he never really thought about han ara's age before. he assumed she was young by default, because she was his student. and knowing that she was 18 then just kicked him in the throat and bathed him like a bucket with iced-cold water.

he sighed and looked away. "arasseo... it makes sense now." he admitted, she smiled. "ne... jimin-ah helped me to pick that name, he's great at naming things." she said laughing. taehyung just smiled sadly.

thinking that jimin was probably as old as her surely made him feel upset. he didn't know the nature of their relationship. they surely looked like friends, but she always found ways of brought him into the conversation and that upsetted him.