t w e n t y n i n e

"taehyung-... you came." her voice cracked for she was too weak and looked way older than she was. the blonde breathed heavily as he walked towards her and stood next to her.

"ajumma..." his deep voice made ara's poor and old heart rush. she hasn't feel like this in a long time, more like 5 years ago to be exact.

she smiled tenderly at him. seeing him there in front of her after all this time made her think he looked as handsome as ever. he was wearing an all black suit, god knew how much she loved a man wearing all black clothes. but this one was surely a special man for her.

"yeah... i know. i look old." taehyung shook his head. he knew she looked old but on his eyes, she looked beautiful as always.

"you... on the other hand, you look even younger." ara said staring carefully at his handsome features, she couldn't help but think about he said last time they spoke, about not being able to age a day. back in that time she thought it must be a lie but right now she wasn't that sure anymore. taehyung knelt down and sat next to her on the bed. he gave her the bouquet of sunflowers.

"what happened?" his hurt voice mumbled as he extended his hand to reach her cheek. she closed her eyes as she smelled the sweet aroma of the sunflowers he brought.

"sunflowers... i remember you said something about... dedicated love."

taehyung blinked twice as he looked down, filled with shame. he couldn't believe in the state she was. he wanted to turn back in time and just wished he never had left.

"ajumma... what happened while i was away?"

she smiled sadly at him and sighed. "life happened. i got old... it's the nature of life taehyung..."

still even if those were truthful words, only 5 years had passed, it was not enough time for her to be so decayed. "i know what you're thinking..." taehyung quickly looked at her with widened eyes.

"i look terrible for being only 61 years old am i right?" he remained silent, waiting for her to answer his unasked questions.

"that's not what I- he couldn't say anything. he was shocked and it seemed like his words were stuck at the back of his throat.

her eyes suddenly became glassy, her sweet expression changed into a sad one. taehyung felt impatient on his spot. she just sighed.

"woonki helped a lot." taehyung sighed in disappointment. he really wanted to know what happened to her, but she just kept talking about woonki instead.

"are you two..." taehyung couldn't finish the sentence but she remained silent and after a few seconds she nodded.

"he was good to me, it's what i needed." the blonde closed his eyes in sorrow and looked away. soon he felt ara's soft hand next to his cheek, forcing him gently to turn to look at her.

"he took good care of me, he still does, and for that i am thankful." she said with a sweet smile.

"why you never told me?"

"i couldn't. i was mad at you until not long ago when i started wondering about how you were ... wondering if you had eaten or if you were sick or tired." taehyung felt a sting hurting his immortal but tired heart.

"i can see now that i was wrong and you were perfectly right." she said chuckling but then coughing violently. taehyung rushed leaned closer. "ajumma! are you okay?"

she shook her head once the cough went away. "i've had plenty respiratory attacks... i am weak now as you can see." she said covering her mouth with her hand.