What's the point

"We'll can park 'em in the west entry of the yard." I suggested. "Good, our vehicles camped out there look like a giant "vacancy" sign." Daryl mutters "After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn 'em." T-dog says. "Gonna be a long day. Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." I tell everyone. "Up in the guard tower." Daryl answerd. "Guard tower? They were just up there last night." Rick says. "Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl hollers "Hey, what's up, guys?" Glenn says as he exited the gaurd tower with no shirt and his belt undone. "You coming?" Daryl yells up with a laugh "What?" Glenn asks confused. "You comin'?" He yells again . "Come on, we could use a hand." I yell up. "Yeah, we'll be right down." Glenn yells back. I laugh at his embarrassment. "Rick!" I say as I see axel and Oscar exit the prison. "Come with me." He says as we run up to them. "That's close enough." I tell them as I grab an arrow. "We had an agreement." Rick tells them. "Please, mister. We know that. We made a deal. But you've gotta understand we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies-- people we knew. - Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts." Axel cried. "Why don't you move the bodies out?" T-dog asked. "You should be burning them." I added. We tried. We did." Axel says. "The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up. So we end up dumping the body and just running back inside." Oscar speaks for the first time. "Look, we had nothing to do with Thomas and Andrew. Nothing. You trying to prove a point? You proved it, bro. We'll do whatever it takes to be part of your group. Just, please, please. Don't make us live in that place." Axel pleaded "Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block, or you leave." Rick tells them. "I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out. These were good guys. Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint, like Thomas and Andrew. We've all made mistakes to get in here, chief. And I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint, but believe me we've paid our due-- enough that we would rather hit that road than to go back into that shithole." Oscar explained. Rick just looked at them and stuck them in a fence so we could talk the decision over.
"Are you serious? You want them living in a cell next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons." Rick says. "You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?" Carol asked T-dog. "I never stopped. Bring them into the fold. If we send them off packing, we might as well execute them ourselves.". T-dog points out. "I don't know. Axel seems a little unstable." Glenn states. "After all we've been through? We fought so hard for all this, what if they decide to take it?" Carol asks. "It's just been us for so long. They're strangers. I don't-- It feels weird all of a sudden to have these other people around." Maggie says. "You brought us in." T-dog mutters. "Yeah, but you turned up with a shot girl in your arms. Didn't really give us a choice." Maggie exclaimed. "They can't even kill walkers." I state. "They're convicts, bottom line." "Those two might actually have less blood on their hands than we do." T-dog declared. "I get guys like this. Hell, I grew up with them. They're degenerates, but they ain't psychos. I could have been with them just as easy as I am out here with you, guys." Daryl says. "So are you with me? T asks him. "Hell, no. Let 'em take their chances out on the road, just like we did. Daryl's declared. "What I'm saying, Daryl--" but Rick cuts him off before he can finish."When I was a rookie, I arrested this kid. The kid blubbered like a baby during the interrogation, during the trial-- suckered the jury. He was acquitted due to insufficient evidence, and in 2 weeks later shot another girl. We've been through too much. Our deal with them stands." Rick declared then walked off.
After that I walked back into the prison to check on Hershel. I walk in to him wanting to get out of his cell.
"All right. Just take your time." I tell him. "Daddy, don't push yourself." Beth says as he tried to get up by himself. "What else am I going to do? I can't stand looking up at the bottom of that bunk" he joked. "Whoa." We all say as he almost falls. "You know? I can go pretty steady." He says "That's a good start. Want to take a rest?" Lori asks. " Rest? Let's go for a little stroll." He says and goes ahead.
"I got you here if you need it." I tell him as I stand in front of him as he's going down the stairs. "Just take your time on these steps." I add. "You cleared all those bodies out? It's starting to look like a place we could really live in." Hershel says as he looks at ten Cort yard. "Hey, you watch your step. Last thing we need is you falling. Lori points out. "You're doing great, Daddy." Beth tell him. "Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl asked amused. "Give me another day. I'll take you on." Hershel says with a small laugh.
We were all laughing when Carl yells "WALKERS!" We turn around and there are walkers coming out of the fence we locked them in! I grab my bow and start shooting. I run out of arrows and throw my bow down and quickly start to use my gun. There's to many of them "GET OUTTA THERE GO! LORI CARL" I hear Rick yell. "CAROLINE! GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE NOW!" I HEAR DARYL YELL!" I open the door to our cell block. "Lori, here" I say and she grabs Carl and follows me. We go into the cell block but there's walkers in there too so I lead them into the tombs. "Come one this way" I say. We walk further but get cut off by more walkers. I open the door to the closet room. I think it's the boiler room. "In here" I say.
"Something's not right." Lori says while holding her stomach. "Are you bit?" Carl asks his mother in panic. "No, no, no. I think the baby's coming." She says.
"What are those alarms?" Lori asked panting "Don't worry about it.Lori, let's lay you down." I'll tell her. "No-- the baby's coming now." "We have to get back to our cell block to have Hershel help." Carl exclaimed "We can't risk getting caught out there. You're gonna need to give birth to this baby here." I say. "What is she doing? Can't she breathe? Carl says as Lori starts to do her breaths. "She's fine. Come here-- let's get your pants off. Okay. Okay. You're gonna need to help deliver your brother or sister you up for it?" I ask him. He just nodded his head. "Alright let's see if your dilated.
I look but I can't really tell. "I gotta push" Lori says.
"- I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm okay. - Okay." Lori says as she pushes. "You're doing great, Lori. Just keep doing it. Your body knows what to do. Let it do all the work. You're doing great." I say trying to help. Then I feel something. "Lori, don't push-- stop. Something's wrong." I pull my hand aways and see blood. I lay Lori on the ground and she looks like she's about to pass out.
"Mom? Mom, look at me, look at me. Keep your eyes open." Carl pleads "We have to get you back to hershel" "I'm not gonna make it." Lori mumbles "Lori, with all this blood, I don't even think you're fully dilated yet. No amount of pushing is gonna help." I tell her. "I know what it means, and I'm not losing my baby. You've gotta cut me open." She says. "No. I can't." "You don't have a choice." "I'll go for help." Carl tries "No! Look, Carol is the one that practiced that. Hershel only taught me the steps, Lori. I'm a doctor but I've never done a C-section before. If I-- - Please. I have no anesthetic, no equipment--" "Carl has a knife." She says cutting me off. "You won't survive." "My baby has to survive. Please. My baby for all of us. Please, Caroline Please! Please." But I keep shaking my head with tears running down my face.
I finally agreed. "You see my old C-section scar? She ask. "I see it but I can't do this lori please don't make me do this. Please!" I cry. "You can. You have to." She says then looks at cark. "Carl? Baby, I don't want you to be scared, okay? This is what I want. This is right. Now you-- you take care of your daddy for me, all right? And your little brother or sister, you take care--" she says but Carl cuts her off "You don't have to do this." He cries. "You're gonna be fine. You are gonna beat this world. I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave, and I love you." She says now crying. "I love you too." He cries back. "You gotta do what's right, baby. You promise me, you'll always do what's right. It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So don't-- so if it feels wrong, don't do it, all right? If it feels easy don't do it. Don't let the world spoil you. You're so good. You're my sweet boy. The best thing I ever did. I love you. I love you. You're my sweet, sweet boy. I love you." Lori cries as her and Carl hug. "Okay-- okay, now. Okay. Caroline when this is over, you're gonna have to--" Lori starts but I cut her off now"shhh shhh" I try "You have to do it. It can't be Rick. All right all right. It's all right. It's all right." Lori says trying to calm herself and I guess Carl too. "Caroline, you can do this. I need you to do this. You an amazing woman. Your brave, this world need people like you. Take care of my boys. I love you" She tells me and I start bawling. " I love you too." "It's okay, I'm ready, it's okay...... Goodnight love" she mutters. "I'm sorry" I say as I drag the knife across her stomach. She screams in pain. "What are you doing to her!" Carl cries. Lori's cries soon die out. She's gone. "Carl, give me your hand. Carl, please. You should keep the site clean, okay? I cut too deep, I'm gonna cut the baby. Okay, come on I see it. I see the ears. I'm gonna pull it out. I can't tell if this is the arm or the leg. I'm gonna pull the baby out." I say. I finally pull the baby out. "Okay, We have to go." I tell Carl as I stand. "We can't just leave her here. She'll turn. I pull my gun out. "No." He says. "Carl" "She's my mom." He says and pulls his gun out. I walk a little further away so Carl can have his moment. I turn back around and I hear a gun shot. He then comes out and leads us threw the tombs. We walk out and hear voices of the group. The baby starts crying and everyone turns and sees us. "Where--where is she?" Rick asks as he slowly walks up. I shake my head no as tears run down my face. "No, no, no, no!" Rick cries. Dark walks up to me and hugs me.
Lori's gone. Her child will never know her mother.

Hey asskickers​! So sad chapter. I may have cried 10 times while writing it no biggie. Anyway thanks so much for 380 reads! You guys have no idea how much it means to me.

I love you guys so much!

-Seairah.