Are you in love?

"How'd you survive here for so long?" I ask as I lay our things in a corner. "Where did your supplies come from?" Rick follows up. "Luck. Our annual canned food drive. Things fell apart right after we finished it. It was just me the food lasted a long time. And then I started scavenging. I've cleaned out every place nearby. Except for one." Gabriel explained. "What kept you from it?" I ask "It's overrun." "How many?" "A dozen or so. Maybe more." "We can handle a dozen." Rick exclamied "Bob and I will go with you. Tyreese should stay here, help keep Judith safe." Sasha smiles. "That'll be okay?" Rick asks ty "Sure you ever need me to watch her, need anything for her, I'm right here." "I'm grateful for it. And everything else." Rick states. "Same goes for Addison. I'd die for thoes two girls." Ty tells me. I look up at him. "Thank you... really just Thank you" I wisper. He nods. "Hey Care" Daryl says and pulls me aside. "Yeah babe what's up?" I ask. "You should stay here...with Addie. We've been helping the group so much I think she's starting to feel...Alone" he explained. "Yeah.. I was planning on staying anyway, Rick doesn't wanna leave Carl and Judith alone so he asked me and Tyreese to stay and keep an eye on them if we would." He looks at me and smirks. "What?" I smile "Nothing. Your just.... Beautiful" he mutters. "Well your not to bad yourself" I say and kiss him. We pull apart "I love you" Daryl coos. "I love you too" I say.
I've missed moments like this. The good ones that I'm gonna remember for the rest of my life.
We say bye to Daryl and the group and me and addie head back into the Church. "Hey Mom, are you and Dad in love?" She asks suddenly. "where's this coming from?" "Well I heard Maggie and uncle Glenn talking... About you and Dad. I know it's rude to listen in on grown up conversations but I couldn't help it." "What did they say?" I ask. "They were talking about how dad use to be mean and rude. They said he was for a long time, until you brought him out of his shell. They said you taught a man how to love while falling In love yourself. So are you in love?" She asks genuinely interested. "Well....When I was growing up I never felt love. I never had someone who truly loved me. Well except...My sister" "Aunt Savannah?" She asks. "Mhmm. Anyway I had been unloved and never loved for a long time. And when I met Daryl something changed..I started feeling things that I had never experienced in my whole life. And I asked advice from Hershel and he told me I was in love. He said he had saw it for a long time and was glad I was finally realizing it also." I explain thinking back. "Hershel was a great man. I miss him..." "Me too baby"
After a bit of time had passed the group was back with the food. Carol was cooking the squirrel Daryl and I had caught earlier and others were cooking different vegetables. We were all piling food onto there plates when Abraham started talking. "I'd like to propose a toast. I look around this room and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors. "Survivors!" Everyone cheered. After it got quiet again he spoke once more. "Is that all you want to be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? 'Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now, we get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip. Eugene, what's in DC?" Abraham asked. "Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." He explained. "However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for thoes little ones. Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there who don't got nothing left to do except survive." Rick looked like he was contemplating what to do and Judith starts cooing "What was that?" Rick asked her. "I think she knows what I'm about to say. She's in. If she's in, I'm in. We're in." Rick smiles.
We all laugh and begin to eat again. Daryl and I are sitting in a corner and I'm laying in his lap. "Penny for your thoughts" I say. "Carol and I were talking earlier and..she wants to go into the city to look for Beth and... I don't think it's a bad idea. I just really don't wanna leave you and Addie again" he sighs. I sit up and grab his hand. "Baby... Daryl, look at me. Addie and I will he just fine. We can take care of eachother. You need to do this. I can see it. Everyday it's eating away at you that Beth got taken on your watch. I understand that you need to go and so will our daughter." I state. He's quite for a moment. "This is why im In love with you." He points out. "I love you too"

Hey asskickers. So this was one of my favorite chapters. I really hope you liked it
I love you guys

-Seairah