《Chapter 30》 Curiousity

Liam POV

"Aren't they just adorable?" Kelsey murmured as I played with her black straight hair. She was sitting on my lap, her legs on either side of my torso as I just reminisced her beauty.

I looked up to follow her gaze, and found Niall and Essie sitting down on the grass of the field outside the cafeteria window.

 "Yeah, ya know, that was a pretty creative idea you made for Niall. It was amazing," I hummed, looking down at her neck as she continued to watch the couple.

 I was stressing over how Kelsey can come up with such amazing ideas, but I, her official boyfriend, has to raise the imaginative bar even more..

  Hmm, keep it calm, Liam...You'll think of something.. but for now..

 I slid my lips against the soft pale skin of her collarbone, kissing it gently, teasingly.Kels laughed as she turned back to me, setting her hands right on top of my chest, pulling away from my tease.

 "Thanks, babe," she replied blissfully, her smile slowly softening as she began tracing my lips. I kissed her fingertips, giving her a wink. She rolled her eyes and let out a giggle, squirming on my lap.

 She then dropped the dark Vader helmet onto the floor with her foot, and she bent to the side to pick it up. I couldn't help but smirk, and squeeze her bum.

 She jumped back up, her little yelp making me chuckle. She furrowed her eyebrows in intimidation, before sliding on the helmet, then sending her hands around my shoulders, putting her face inches from mine.

 "Don't touch my ass in public, Luke Sky-walker," she growled, taking deep scratchy breaths like Vader.

I threw my head back in laughter, before tightening my grip around her waist, putting her chest against mine, looking for her blue eyes inside the black mask.

 "Yes, Master," I mumbled as I smirked. " Behind closed doors only," I nodded. She giggled again, moving her hands from  my shoulders to take the helmet off, her hair flying messily over her face.

 I glared as she blew some off, struggling to force her hair back down nicely, reminiscing how she's still remained the same old Kelsey since day one. I looked down at the helmet, and replayed today's event, when I dragged Kels out after the proposal...and couldn't stop smiling.

 I was so glad I made up with Kels... but suddenly curious on how things had came to be...

 But then it got me thinking, about when Niall had told me the truth in the hospital... I out of all people would know the consequences of kidney failure... And how fatal it could be.. with just one.

 "Kels, how are you?" I looked back up at her, finding her sticking a slice of cucumber in her mouth. She froze, raising her eyebrow at my concerned expression.

" I'm... fine. Why?" she chewed slowly, her aqua eyes scanning me. I shrugged, finding her tone odd.

 "I mean health wise.. How's you um," I couldn't even bare the thought to think of it all again...

 "How's your kidney?" I forced it out. I watched Kelsey for her expression. She swallowed her food quickly, before sighing, looking away.

 "It's fine. Don't worry about it, or me. I'm okay," she nodded to herself, before jumping off of my lap and onto her feet.

"I'm going to go to my locker real quick, I think I forgot my Calculus book in there," she acted as if she was looking through her purse. I stood up  after her, suspiciously eyeing her, my concern only growing at her odd reaction.

 "I'll go with you," I chirped, giving her a fake smile. She looked around, still refusing to look at me, before her face reddened a bit, a grimace on her face.

 "No," she blurted harshly.

 She's definitely not telling me something... and I was going to make sure I get it out of her.