《Chapter 35》Again

Kelsey POV

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I hope my dad doesn't kill Liam.

I mean, I'm still upset with him... and I doubt my dad would, but I hope he doesn't mentally beat Liam to a pulp either, because I know my dad is capable of doing that... I

was so worried when Liam frantically agreed to help him out... but then...

When Liam set that rose down in front of me... a certain thought dreadfully appeared in my mind...

I literally froze where I was. I stood there, just glaring at the bright red petals that bent with the granite of the counter...

I muted out their small talk as they grabbed my dad's luggage as the gut-wrenching scenario flowed through my  eyes.

All that played in my mind was the possibility that the next time Liam gives me a rose, is when he is going to have to put it on my casket, when my dead body is finally buried into the cold ground, and all that there will be is the heart ache and pain he will have.

The pain and heart-ache that I have now just thinking about the mere thought.

I heard the door close, and my mind remained blank... before I just completely lost it.

The image of the damn rose began to blur in my mind as my eyes filled with tears, my lips twitching into a grimace as I took a sharp breath. I'm losing it, I'm making all the wrong decisions...

I grabbed the rose, walking out of the kitchen and locking the front door.

I need to prevent this from happening.

I need to make him hate me again.

 《《《《《《《《《

LIAM POV

I stood beside Kelsey's father. An awkward silence between us as we waited by the pavement. I was just praying it come soon enough.

"So, how've you been, Mr.Diamonds?" I tried to break the ice. He then turned to me, looking up from his watch.

"Great, Liam. But let's cut to the chase; what do you like about my daughter?" he abruptly replied. I rose my eyebrows, taken by surprise. I felt my face redden and I looked down at the ground.

"Well, sir. She's.. she's my best friend," I tried to let a small laugh escape. It was true, Kels was my best friend, knew me inside and out, there for me... when I needed her the most.

"She's well.. she's so different, and so warm-heart-ed," I began to describe her... I could feel the infatuation.

"And weird," I laughed, before I realized what I said. I looked up at Mr.Diamonds, who just glared at me, his lips pursed as he scanned me.

"She is a little weird, she got that from her mom," Mr.Diamonds cracked a smile, and I grinned in agreement.

"Ya, know, Liam. I always liked you. Very well-mannered, smart kid," he nodded as he scratched his stubble under his jawline. I bent slightly, thanking him.

"But you're an arse for being so closed minded," he continued. I froze and looked back up at him, slightly watching as the Taxi turned the corner.

"I'm sorry, sir," was all I could reply to with. He shook his head, turning to follow my gaze and come back to me.

" Liam, I've known you since you were a child now. I have hope in you, but after what you've done.. it kind of makes me doubtful." I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I understand, Mr.Diamonds. And I take full responsibility for my actions. I'm going to make it up to you. I am so sorry, sir," I forced out. The guilt eating me again.. yet I kind of expected this scowl from him someday.

"Prove to me you're sorry," he murmured as the Taxi stopped near us. I opened my mouth in confusion.

"Prove to me that you're worthy of all my daughter has done for you," his voice deepened, anger in his tone. He looked at my frantic expression, sadness in his eyes.

"Make her happy again," he jumped into the taxi, his eyes still on mine, before driving off.

Make her happy, again.