《Chapter 50》 Rewinding Thoughts

Liam POV》

And though her eyes told me she was lying, her words hit me to the core.

I walked away from my love, my world, best friend.

"Then I guess we're done," I breathed as I turned my back, refusing to look at her again.

And as badly as I wanted to deny her lies, she was better... and it seemed like she wanted me gone and that...upset me.

"Liam," Kelsey called hesitantly. I froze halfway up the trail.

This is.. confusing. Trying to figure out what she wants.. Is she just trying to mess with my feelings? It's sure working..

I guess you can say at the moment that I was pretty heated... and I just... needed time to think... Just like she has hurt me.. might as well lie, too... right?

I turned around, making her freeze, her eyes wet and I forced the words out.

"I guess...I guess I don't love you anymore either, Kelsey," I hissed.

  And I swear the sound that escaped her mouth was agonizing.

I couldn't bear her expression,  so I rushed away, the silence of steps reassuring me she stayed behind.

I was leaving her behind.

》》》》》》》

4 MONTHS LATER

"Liam, you ready to head out into the battle? " Louis yelled dramatically as he chucked a waterbottle at my back.

I flinched at the wetness of the icy can, before looking back down at my phone, seeing how many different countries we've been to.

"Yeah, hold on. Can you guys believe we already been through Europe, America, Canada in a matter of 4 months?" I laughed in disbelief walking to the window of the tour bus and looking at the crowd of fans.

"I know man, it's crazy, " Niall laughed in agreement.

"Who run the world?" Louis sing songed. Referencing Beyonés new song.

"Girls?" Zayn answered sheepishly. Louis dropped his shoulders in disapointment.

"Partially.. But since we make the girls run, we run them. TEN MILLION POINTS FOR ONEEEE DIRECTION!" Louis echoed loudly.  We shushed him up playfully, laughing as we tried to make a plan to get through the crowd.

We all readied at the door, making sure to keep all personal items tucked well. And we all laughed, nervous about busting this mission through thousands of screaming girls to enter the building.

"Ready?!" Harry called from the front. I rose an eyebrow.

"Harry if you head out first, we won't ever make it inside," I deadpanned. He looked back, smiling cheekily.

"Then come over here hotshot. You lead the way," he chuckled. I shrugged. Okay.

"Okay guys...1....2....3!" I opened the door, flinching at the yells that loudened a few steps below. Paul was sweating as he tried to keep the girls away.

I waved and smiled, not used to the flashing lights still, but loving the attention from all these girls... So many of them, all so beautiful.

I tried to move forward, and we all quickly greeted some of them, taking quick selfies as I moved along.

"Liam, I love you!" a girl screeched, and I turn to the side to reply the same.

"I love you, too, beau-" I was taken aback when I caught sight of a pair of beautiful blue eyes .I noticed her pale skin... and for a split second, my heart skipped a beat to think it was Kelsey.

But it wasn't.

She had blonde hair and freckles, still beautiful... but not... not my Kelsey.

"Lad, hurry up. Niall's beginning to freak out," Harry said against my ear.

I quickly snapped out of it, and continued walking, taking on last glance, before I felt the feeling again. Love sick.

Once inside,  we settled down in the lobby, waiting for the staff to finish up cleaning the stage, I suppose.. and the only think that was now stuck in my mind..

Was Kelsey Diamonds.

I huffed out a sigh, troubled and anxious. I decided to take out my phone... but I knew I didn't have the guts to call her myself.

"How much time do we have to spare?" I asked. Louis shrugged.

"Around 15 minutes,  I guess. Looks like they're close to done," he looked up at the screen.

I nodded before furrowing my eyebrows, fighting with myself to gain the courage to call her up..

But then I thought otherwise, and smiled at the idea.

I'll call Essie.

I stood up as I searched my old contacts that I transfered through my email when management got me a new phone.

"I'll be right back," I murmured, amd none of them seemed to care. Good.

I nervously clicked the call button on the number that Essie had given me the night of her prom, and slid the phone against my ear.

Please let this still be Essie's number.

It rang, and with each ring, my heart fluttered more. My breaths quickening.

"Hello?" a voice asked.

I froze.