《Chapter 69》Yes to a 'Positive' Proposal

Liam POV

I let my lips graze her soft skin, eyes closed, her dragged breaths making me smile.

I did her well.

I mean, I did well.

"Liam? " Kelseys tone was soft, and I pulled away from her neck, opening my eyes.

Her head was matted with sweat, her black hair spread under her.

I chuckled.

"Yes, my love?" I slid my hands under her and rolled over, pulling her naked body on top of mine.

Her blue eyes never left mine, and I wouldn't have wanted her to look away anyway.

"I love you," she bit her lip, her cheeks pink.

I scrunched my face with a smile, pecking her lips.

"I love you more,Kels," I let my fingertips graze little circles on the hinge of her back.

We had a moment of silence, contemplating a round three maybe?

"I'm going to take a shower, then we can head to bed," she laughed as she jumped off and stood...smacking my bare thigh harshly.

I jumped-"Ow! You're so abusive!"

She laughed as she grabbed her things.

"Leg day has paid off," she huffed.

I rose an eyebrow,  smirking as she walked near the bathroom.

"You're going to be sore tomorrow," I snickered.

She nodded in agreement,  a wink before closing the door behind her.

I laughed.

Man, do I love that girl so much. She is the core to my happiness. She makes me complete. That Kelsey Diamonds, man.

I huffed a laugh as I laid there...before the sudden thought filled my mind.

This would be the perfect time to finally propose.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I jumped off the mattress, thinking on what to do first...

The sound of the shower turning on was a notification. I have 35 minutes.

I was already upset that the roses from Christmas were long gone and dried up when I went to my car a week after..so I guess I'll just use candles for now..

I ran to set up the candles,  and after making the bed and setting them nicely around the room, it was then that I took notice...

... I was still naked.

I ran into my closet, sliding on some boxers before I looked for what to wear.

How about that suit I wore for Mrs.Twists wedding?

Yeusss.

I smacked it on- not literally but you get me.

I then decided to light all the candles before I rushed to put on the new gell Niall bought for me.

Damn, I look sharp.

Then the running water shut off.

Shit.. I turned around to look around the room.

This looks very romantic.

What am I missing?

I froze.

THE RING.

HOW CAN I FORGET THE RING.

I rushed downstairs, searching everywhere.

Before all hell broke loose when I remembered...

I told Niall to put it in his pocket when I had left it in the front seat of my car... which Kels was about to enter.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I rushed back upstairs and called Niall.

"Ello?" Niall seemed tired.. Damn, I forgot it was nearly 11pm..

"Niall.. I'm sorry.. really quick. Do you have the ring?" I breathed.

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I forgot to give it to ya' after the dinner date. But it's safe with me, lad. Why?"

I pursed my lips... hearing Kels hum as she brushed her hair in the bathroom.

"I'm literally about to propose," my voice fell

"Shit dude. I'll bring you it right now-"

"No, its fine!" I replied as I watched the candles begin to melt.

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I forced a smile.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow morning, we have a promo with Simon.  I'll go and pick ya up at 5am," he finished with I yawn.

"5am??" I groaned. Dammit.

I heard Kelsey call my name...and I panicked.

"Okseeyoutomorrowbye," I hung up and stood there in silence.

The doorknob opened and I watched for Kelseys reaction..

Her eyes opened wide as she looked around the room, as she froze where she stood.

She cuffed her mouth, her hair dripping onto the baby blue cotton fabric of the pyjamas I got her for Christmas.

They made her eyes shine brighter... or maybe  she was about to cry...

I had never seen Kelsey so surprised...maybe this was a good idea.. maybe she was actually serious when in highschool she'd joke of how romantically deprived I was...

Maybe Harry  was right...that's a miracle.

I smiled as I took my chance again.. walking up to her to take her hand.

She let me take it, and watched in awe as I went down on one knee.

"Kelsey,I know we just had two rounds of sex and each time, we keep getting better," I laughed and Kelsey's shoulders jumped.. She laughed.. before i grinned.. this moment now felt so right. 

"-and to think that you're my first, reassures me that i damn well want you as my last," I laughed a bit before it died out...Kelsey still frozen.

I took a breath..and my heart was pounding...Here it goes.

" Marry me?" I asked as I looked up- her palm stopping me from knowing her reaction.

She shook her head, and I knew it then that she meant no..

I looked down at the ground.. I know I shoulda had the ring.

"Liam," her voice broke..and I looked up...

and what she held in her hand made my heart flutter.

"I will marry you a million times if I had to," the tears fell from her eyes.

I couldn't even stand up.

She did two things that literally just blew me away in these last 40 seconds.

Say yes and...

Show me that  white stick between her fingers.

That stick that held two dark pink lines.