Next Step

The music was on when I started my car, and as I go to change the station, mine and Raegan's hand touch, are hands stayed touching. We both still looked forward. Then at the same time we both take our hands back. I then turn the radio off.
The rest of the car ride was dead silent and I guess you could say I bit awkward. When I finally pull in the drive way, the conversation starts.
Raegan: "Nice house"
Me: "oh, um, thanks I guess"
Me and Raegan both go into the house. As soon as we walk in my dads the first thing I see, sitting in his rocking chair watching tv.
Dad: " Hey kiddo, oh, hey, whose this?"
Me: "Oh dad, this is my, um, friend, Raegan"
My dad gets up from his chair and walks over to Raegan, greeting him with a hand shake. Raegan shakes his hand back.
Raegan: "Nice to meet you..."
Dad: "Oh, you can call me David"
Raegan: "David, nice to meet you."
Dad: " So what are you guys up too."
Me: "We were just going to go up and watch some movies, is that okay?"
Dad: "Yeah, go ahead, I'll just be here."
I began walking to my bed room as Raegan follows from behind.
Me: "Okay so this is my room, that's where I sleep"
Raegan: "Its nice, your room, and where you sleep"
Me: " Yeah... So you wanna watch a movie? I mean that's what we were ganna do, right?"
Raegan: " Yeah, sure. What movies do you have?"
Me: "Oh just look on the shelve, there's a whole bunch"
Raegan walks over to the book shelve and starts going through all of my movies.
Raegan: "What about these?"
Me: "Which ones?"
Raegan: " High School Musical, I love these movies!"
Me: "Really? Those are my favorite, I've only watched them all a dozen times.
Raegan grabbed all of the High School Musical movies and brought them over to the tv.
Raegan: "I think we found a winner!"
Raegan handed the movies to me and smiled, I smiled back and went to put the disc in. Raegan walks over and sits on my bed. After I walk over and sit right next to him. And the movie starts.
It's wasn't before long the movie had a singing part, what do we do? Break out, singing along.
Both: "This could be the start of something new, It feels so right to be here with you!"
Then we both end up laughing, and damn, I swear his laugh, I can't even. And I even end up putting my head on his shoulder, and I didn't realize what I was doing, and I quickly lifted my head back up.
Me: "Oh sorry, I didn't mean-"
Raegan: "Justin its fine, really"
Raegan then scutes a little closer to me. And we continue to watch the movie.
Were already on High School Musical 2, about half way over, when my dad walks into my room.
Dad: "Hey so I have to run to work, are you guys going to be fine here?"
Me: "Um, yeah. Wait it's Saturday, why are you going to work."
Dad: "They just really need me, I should be back in a couple hours, I'll be back before dinner."
Me: "Okay."
Dad: "Oh, uh, Raegan, would you like to stay for dinner?"
Raegan looks at my dad, and then looks at me, giving me a "can I" look.
Me: "You can, you should."
I'm not sure those were the right words but I just went with it.
Raegan: "Sure, I mean if your willing to have me."
Dad: "It's no problem, especially for Justin's first friend."
Me: "Dad!"
Dad: "Alright, alright, I'm going, don't burn down the house."
My dad walks out of the room, closing the door.