L a t e s e r e n a d e

I was in my room, finishing my homework, when I heard something that looked like Careless Whisper.

I got up, and went to the window to see if anyone had turned on the radio at midnight.

I opened the window and when I saw it, I went into despair.

It was Richie, with the radio in one hand and a box in the other.

I looked both ways and looked at him with a face of anger. He made a needy face, and I rolled my eyes.

"Richie, what the hell are you doing?!" I hissed.

"What do you think I'm doing?"

"JUST PLEASE, GO TO FUCKING SLEEP!" a neighbor screamed.

Richie rolled his eyes and looked at me. "I love you" he said. "I'm sorry for being an asshole this day earlier."

"Okay okay, Richie, now can you please just turn this thing off?!"

Why don't you come and do it yourself?" He said, winking.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm coming down..." I said. "If this will stop you from doing this..."

I went downstairs and opened the door.

"Aw! You look cute in pajamas." He said.

"Screw you!" I said, turning off the radio.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Richie... I'm not mad at you, but c'mon, High radio at midnight?" I said.

"What the hell is happening..." My dad said, opening the door. "Oh hey, Toz."

I looked at my dad and I looked back at Richie with a confused face. He was smiling.

"Dad! Did you know this?!"

He shrugged and said "no... But... What can I do? I can't stop him loving you..."

"Dad..."

"He's not messing with my patience, so... Whatever he does it's his problem."

"Yeah, but the point is... It's midnight! And he's playing a radio! And he's waking up the neighborhood with this! How couldn't this situation mess with your patien-"

Richie interrupted by kissing my cheek.

"Maybe this will calm you down..."

"Ed." My dad said. "He can sleep here... If he wants to. It's late..." My dad said, motioning us to enter. "C'mon guys..."

"Eds, I-"

I kissed his cheek back.

"Come on, babe... Let's sleep." I said, smiling.