F a s t e r W a y (part 2)

I'm actually writing this listening to The Last of Us main theme. I confess that a tear came out of my eye.

Be ready because it won't end well.

PREVIOUSLY

Eddie kicked the zombie's head, grabbed his hammer, and punched him in the head.

But...

He fell, the truck was slippery.

No, he did not fall off the viaduct, but rather, where he was.

"Oh my God, Eds!" Richie said, helping getting Eddie up.

Richie could feel Eddie weakness, he was cold.

"E-eds..." Richie said, staring at Eddie's leg. "No..."

NOW

"

What?" Eddie said, breathing heavily.

Eddie could not feel it, but somehow that zombie Eddie killed, managed to catch him.

Eddie Kaspbrak was bitten, on his leg was a notch mark, not too deep, but enough for the blood to become contaminated.

It was only after Richie looked at the wounded spot that he looked desperate, Eddie felt the pain, it was burning, and a lot.

He started sweating, he didn't have strength to stay stood. He immediately fell.

His vision was blurred, Eddie felt the dizziness as the infection circulated, contaminating the blood, it would not be long until Eddie became one of them.

As the dizziness and the infection ravaged his body, the pain was great, it was like a cold, but ten times worse.

"Richie..." He mumbled, giving a small smile. "Remember... When you asked me which way is... Better?"

"No... I won't do this... I can't-"

"Please..."

"No! No! No! I won't lose you! I don't have anyone else! Please, don't do this to me..."

"Richie..." Eddie said, Silently taking the pistol from the holster. 

Eddie put his hand on Richie's face and smiled faintly.

"I love you."

Eddie quickly aimed the gun at his head, closed his eyes and fired.

Richie felt that temporary deafness.

"No! No... Eds... No!" Richie screamed, grabbing Eddie's body. "Why? Why?" He mumbled, swinging with the inert body of Eddie Kaspbrak as a mother holds her baby sitting in a rocking chair.

The noise of the shot was loud. And that was not good. Richie looked up at the horizon and saw a dozen zombies heading toward them.

Richie got up and looked at Eddie's corpse.

"The faster way..." He said, handing a grenade. "I'm coming for you, Eddie."

He pulled the pin and as soon as the first zombie arrived a few feet away, he activated the grenade, thence, in a few seconds...

BOOM!

There was no longer a bridge, neither the abandoned cars that were there, nor...

The bodies of Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak.

The End.