E m e r g e n c y T r i p

"Hey, Richie" someone said.

The image cleared and gained focus slowly, and Richie sees Ben with a glass of water, looking at him.

"Oh... It's you." Richie said, yawning.

"Well, of course it's me, I was the one who came here with you, remember?" He said.

Richie looked at the place, clean, most of the things were light colored, which passed the tranquility feeling.

"Holy shit, how long have I been sleeping?"

"About... I don't know, two... hours?"

"Jesus."

He stood up, and walked to a door near there, "RECEPTION".

He opens it, and sees a place quite empty, with only a lady lookong at her cellphone trying not to be bored and one receptionist, who looked really focused on something.

Richie walks towards the receptionist.

"Excuse me..." He says, with a low tone.

She looks at Richie and says "Yes?"

"Uh... Do you know if Edward Kaspbrak is already at the patient room?"

"Let me see here..." She says, typing something and looking closely at the computer screen. "Yes, yes, he is."

"What room number, please?"

"Number... 105, it's right next to the drinking fountain."

"Thank you."

Richie gets out of the reception and walks towards the Room 105. Ben was right after him.

"What do you think the reception lady was doing?"

"What? Well... I don't know... Playing cards, maybe... It's boring here, even I would do it."

"Do you think he's okay?"

"I hope so... But if it's something bad, we'll get through this."

"I'm sure you will, you guys are an example of a couple."

Richie grinned. "Thanks." He said. "And how are things with Bev?"

"Really fine! She couldn't come because she had a really tough day. But I believe tomorrow or Tuesday she'll come with me."

"Well, it's definitely going to be Tuesday because... well... it's the visiting day." He said.

"Ha... Yeah..."

They arrived at the room where Eddie was. Richie stopped in front of the door with the hand on the knob.

Ben placed a hand on his shoulder and patted. "You can make it" he said.

He took a deep breath and got in, slowly. Then, he sees him, sleeping, with the inhaler mask. Richie looks at the window, he sees the ta buildings of New York, it was still day... About 4 pm.

Ben looks at Eddie and then walks to Richie.

"Look, I can be here with you if you want."

"No, it's okay... You need to go home, thank you, Ben, you're a good friend. Let's hope we can return Derry very soon." Richie said, being positive.

"Thank you, Richie... Bye bye, call me if you need anything." Ben said, getting out of the room. "Bye bye, Eds." Ben said, waving at Eddie.

Richie smiled, and looked at the door closing.

He got closer to Eddie and held his warm hand.

"We'll get through this, Eddie, don't worry."