Living Together

The sun had come and the rays of sunlight streaming through the open breaches of the curtain, stopping in my face, made me wake up.

I slowly opened my tired eyes, sighed, grabbed a pillow next to me and covered my face.

Minutes later, I wake up of my own accord, yawning and slowly gaining sight, and the sight I have is of Eddie lying down, looking at me with his hands on his chin and his elbows on the mattress, smiling.

At first I was startled, rising to my torso and reaching for the nightstand and grabbing my glasses and placing them on my face.

Eddie's smile fades and he approaches me so that we are now sitting side by side, Eddie resting his head on my shoulder and his arm around me.

"I'm sorry I scared you." He murmured. "It was not my intention."

"No need to apologize, Eds." I said, running my hand through his hair. "Good morning, sweetheart, how was your first sleep in our new house?"

He smiled and nuzzled on me. "Good. I was making breakfast, just came here to wake you up, looks like I made it." He continued, chuckling.

I grinned and kissed his forehead. "Really? I may be awake but my soul is still sleeping."

"Oh haha..." he said, getting up. "C'mon, we have a full day today."

"You're right" I said, also getting up from the bed and stretching. "I Can't wait to unpack more stuff and decorate our Reddie secret base."

"Our what?" Eddie said, frown-blushing.

"Reddie secret base."

"Why secret base, Chee, it's a house and everyone can see it." He said.

I scratched the back of my head and blushed "well uh... I just thought it was a cool name, we can... change it, though."

He smiled and ran his hand on my face. "Just messing with you, honey, I loved it. Still getting used to the 'Reddie' name."

"It's our couple name. It's also a pun for... wait for it... Reddie, set, go!" I said, running towards him and tickling him.

He laughed out loud and started pulling me.

"Stop, Chee..." he whined, laughing. "I get it!"

I kissed his cheek and ruffled his head. "C'mon... mornings are for coffee and contemplation." I said, heading to the kitchen

"I think I've heard this before." Eddie said as he followed me, grabbing my hand.

"Oooooh, something smells great here." I stated. "Is it you, Eddie bear?"

He blushed and rolled his eyes.

"Awww, you're so cute when you're mad, did you know that?" I said, placing my arms around his waist.

"Maybe that's the reason why you tease me all the time." He smiled and put his hands around my neck.

We looked at each other and blushed, everytime our eyes met like this, it was like the first time we did it. We slowly approached each other and filled the gap with a kiss.

"I love you, Chee..." he mumbled.

"I love you too, Eds." I said between kisses.

I smiled and looked at him.

"What?" He said, his cheeks with a red hue.

"Nothing... it's just... ah forget it." I said, kissing him again. "I'm so lucky to have you." I mumbled.

He chuckled and answered "Me too, you have no idea."