T i r e d

Richie's POV

Today our wedding birthday, and by coincidence, I left work earlier today, so I wanted to make a surprise for him.

I got in my car and went straight to my house. When I arrived closer, I started to drive slowly, so the car engine would be... "quieter."

When I got out of the car, I slowly closed the door... And of course... the alarm rang, notifying that the car was now locked.

I looked at the door and... Nothing... No response... No Eddie running and hugging me, reminding of our birthday.

"Well... This is new." I mumbled as I picked my keys and unlocked the front door.

"Hellooo?" I said, getting in, closing the door. "Honey? Kids?... Oh... The kids are in school by now..."

I looked at every part of the house for Eddie.

"Love? Where are you?" I said. "You're starting to worry meeee."

I went upstairs and opened the bedroom door... empty too... unfortunately...

"Well... he must have gone out to buy something... I hope so." I said, changing clothes.

When I opened the closet, well... I found him... He was sitting in fetal position, trembling.

"AH!" I squealed, quickly getting away from the closet... What? Well... We didn't actually "kill" the clown, it could be It.

It was when I took a deep breath and looked at him again, he was crying.

"Oh God... You scared me... Wha-what are you doing in there?"

"Hiding..." He said, with a hoarse voice.

"From who?"

"I don't know... Everything... I'm tired... It's the same everyday!"

"What do you mean?"

"The kids are very messy, they scream a lot... I-... I can't... It's too much stress."

"Aw..." I said, pulling him closer for a hug. "Why didn't you tell me? I could have a day off with them..."

"But you can't miss work."

"Well, only when it's an emergency... And this is an emergency..."

"I don't know... I..." Eddie stuttered, crying.

"Aw... Come here..." Richie said, pulling Eddie closer.

Richie and Eddie sat down, Eddie laid his head on his shoulder, and Richie put his arm around him.

"May I tell you something?"

"Yes..."

"If you are in trouble with something, it may be with the kids or... something inside you... Talk to me."

"You're always too busy... I can't talk to you."

"Yes, you can... If you want, please, wake me up, and tell me what's on your mind. You can always count on me."

"Thanks, Richie..." He said, holding Richie.

Richie looked at Eddie, smiled, ans kissed his forehead.

"Happy birthday, honey."

"But it's not my... Holy shit, I forgot about our wedding birthday." Eddie said. "I'm sorry... I didn't buy anything..."

"No problem, Eds. Your love is the best gift I'd ever have."

"Aw... You're such a romantic guy... I love you..."

"I love you too, my warrior."