N i g h t D r i v i n g I I

We're getting close to his house, I hope Bev is awake. Beverly and Eddie live together because they both go to college, and that house was the closest there.

Red sign, almost midnight, check if Eddie is fine, still sleeping. The sign opens and I continue the path, until I reach a couple of streets before his house.

At the front door, there's Bev, she did not seem to be expecting anyone, she was sitting, staring up at the sky. She sees the light from the headlights and stands up, trying to see who she is.

I park the car and open the door, lean against it and fold my arms, smiling.

"Where is he?" said Beverly, approaching me.

I go to the other door with her and open it. And she sees a boy snoring.

Bev puts his hand on Eddie's shoulder and shakes it. "Eddie, wake up, come on."

He slowly opens his eyes and stretches.

"Where am I?" he says, between yawns.

"You're home. Come on." she says, lifting Eddie.

"No, I can go out by myself," he says.

Eddie gets up, staggers a little, and bumps into me.

"Oh... Sorry..." Eddie says.

I was out of reaction and helped Bev take Eddie into the house.

"Are you sure you won't need help in there?" I said.

"Yes, just a cold water bath and he'll be lying down in bed in a blink of an eye."

"No, no, no, I do not want to take a shower, I'm clean, without germs!" Eddie stammered but was completely ignored.

"I think this shower will have to be by force." I whispered.

Bev laughs and nods. Inside the house, we propped up Eddie in an armchair, and there he stayed, I walked to the door with her.

"I'm going, will I meet you tomorrow?"

"No, no class tomorrow, remember?"

I scratch my head and think. "Oh yeah ... I forgot."

"But we have the club meeting tomorrow..." Bev looks at Eddie "... But without drinks." she laughs.

I hug her, and I go to the car, sit there and think. Coming back to reality, I nod to Bev, and leave.

Shit, when will I get the courage to talk? Keeping something in my head is too bad, I don't want it.

Okay, Richie Tozier, tomorrow you're going to take attitude and you'll say what you think to Eddie.