T h e F a s t e r W a y

Zombie apocalypse! (The Last of Us style so... Please, listen to the soundtrack while reading this)

Richie's POV

"C'mon Eds!" I shouted, running as fast as I could.

"I'm right behind you." He screamed.

The clickers were fast, but we were way faster, we ran to a store and hid.

When one of clickers got closer, Eds grabbed a bottle and threw away.

The noise of the bottle breaking, drew them far away, near an unknown group that was there, everyone ran and the clickers followed the sound of their footsteps.

The place around them was finally clear.

"Good..." I whispered.

He kept breathing heavily in relief and mumbled "thanks..."

"Are you okay?"

"Sure..." He said. "But you know we can not stay here for long, they can come back. Or there may come more zombies."

"Or humans..."

"Yes..."

"Let's walk..." I said, getting up. "So we do not have to run as soon as one of these things happens."

~time skip~

The scenery was disturbing, a famous street in Maine, now clogged with abandoned cars, some skeletons, and a horrible smell of trash and mold.

"Rich?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember the parades that happened here? "

"How not to remember. Now it's just ... A parade of... Abandoned cars."

He grinned and said. "It's weird how it all changed so fast, isn't it?"

"Yes... I remember watching Stanley dying in my arms, he killed himself after being infected."

"My God."

"What do you think?"

"What?"

"The best choice..."

"Of what?"

"Would it be better to let the infection take possession of you or put an end to it in a faster way? What is better?"

"I honestly don't know... I never did this... So... I can't comment. And you?"

"I don't know... Maybe the faster way..."

"Why?"

"Well... It's... Fast... And... Not that painful?"

He shrugged and said "If you say so... Why are you asking this?" He asked, worried.

"Just curiosity... I wanted to know your opinion on this."

"Sorry to hurt you then."

"Okay, you're not obligated, you didn't hurt me."

The path on the viaduct was ending, The bridge connecting one point to the other was destroyed, but it did allow a small group of people to pass, carefully.

A downed truck was halfway, leaving only space in the corners.

Richie turned to Eddie.

"If you do not want to stop by, that's fine, we can find another way."

"It's okay... I think I can make this."

"Are you sure?"

Eddie looked at the bridge then looked at him, quiet.

"Eddie, we can cross by another way. But if you really want to do this, no need to worry, I'll be there for you."

"Okay." Eddie breathed heavily and headed to the end of the bridge.

"Alright... One... Two... Three." Eddie said, jumping to the truck.

When Richie was about to jump, a zombie broke the front window, grabbing Eddie's leg.

"EDDIE!"

Eddie kicked the zombie's head, grabbed his hammer, and punched him in the head.

But...

He fell, the truck was slippery.

No, he did not fall off the viaduct, but rather, where he was.

"Oh my God, Eds!" Richie said, helping getting Eddie up.

Richie could feel Eddie weakness, he was cold.

"E-eds..." Richie said, staring at Eddie's leg. "No..."

CONTINUES...