Author's Note

Before I begin writing, let it be known that I started this book entirely on impulse. I do not have the entire thing planned out. In fact, as I'm writing, the only thing I have planned out is the scene from the description,  which will obviously be much later in the book. So anything I write, I write on a whim. Therefore, the book may be a little rough around the edges. Please go through this journey open-minded.

Everything in this book will be purely fiction; any similarities to real world events, places, people, or anything of the sort is coincidental. Copies of this book, under any circumstance, is NOT allowed unless I allow it. However, the names of people and places are free to use at your leisure.

Now, for some basics. Keep in mind that I'm currently making this up as I go ;)

Sebastian Rockefeller is 100 years old. When I use the phrase "Keeping humans like cattle" or anything like that, I mean he has built a wall (*cough*) around the entirety of Lake Village, and when he's thirsty, he takes whatever is most convenient, whether it be man, woman, or even child. Humans, to him, exist for his convenience. So keep that in mind as you read, please.

Elizabeth Stevens is a human that lives in Lake Village. Sebastian holds themed dances/parties at his estate every year in order to find someone to rule beside him, which he has never taken seriously before the one the book is based on. Should a human spark interest, he intends to turn them and their family into his kind and move them into his estate. Elizabeth hates Sebastian but begrudgingly notices that he's a very attractive being. Her father is very sickly, and her family pushes her into attending the ball on the off chance that he falls for her, so her father will be cured and completely healthy again.

Vampires cannot have children with other vampires.

However, in the true Twilight fanatic fashion, vampires can impregnate humans. It's not fatal for the human, though. Vampire babies are just as fragile as your good ol' human babies until they're 6 years old, when their brain frantically develops.

Any mature content will be added in a different book, in order to avoid any complaints of that nature. However, this book will NOT include many mature scenes, so please don't expect smut. The second book will be for more mature audiences. (I added this part as I'm writing the second book.)

I'm writing this book as a form of therapy. It is my world, and if I decide to take it in an entirely different direction, I am free to do so.

I really hope any future readers enjoy what's ahead, because I have no idea what I'm getting into :'D

Good luck!