Chapter Fifty-Seven

This chapter has 1500 words in it. I made it longer than usual to thank you guys for getting Sebastian this far; it's the most amazing thing, better than anything I could ever ask for. I love you all soooo much, thank you for reading!

********

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT. THERE ARE BAD WORDS IN THIS CHAPTER, AS WELL AS A MOMENT BETWEEN CHARACTERS. I'VE PLACED A WARNING BEFORE IT HAPPENS, AND I'VE PLACED A GREEN LIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT, IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE CONFLICT OF THE STORY.

wouldn't be back for a while. I stayed in Isaac's room, afraid to go back into my own. He watched me when he thought I wasn't looking, and though I knew I should've felt guilty for liking it, I didn't. Sebastian's face was seared into my mind, but I was slowly forgetting the feeling I got when I was near him.

I paced around the room, ignoring Isaac's gaze as his eyes followed me around. I thought about Kaden, and anger rose like bile in my throat out of nowhere. I didn't understand why I was suddenly so angry with him, but I hurried and switched my thoughts to something less infuriating. I pictured my cat, and sadness fluttered around in my chest. I was more than certain that Roy would find a way to keep Elmer taken care of, but it didn't change the fact that the little black kitten wasn't here with me.

I thought about Sebastian, and all of the crimes he committed against Derrick and his kingdom. I prayed that he didn't kill the king's mother, something I knew he'd do if he felt like he had to. I thought about my mom and dad. I wasn't sure if they were even alive, and the thought punched a hole in my gut. Dad was just starting to get better when everything began. I hoped with everything I had that they were alive.

Suddenly, a strong arm wrapped around my waist and dragged me backwards. I fell onto the bed, and Isaac flopped down beside me.

"You need to relax." He said, grinning at me. I glared at him and sat up, perching on the edge of the bed.

"Why aren't you worried?" I asked, my tone accusing. "This is stressful. Sebastian could die."

"Why do you care?" He shot back, suddenly hostile. "He dumped you at an abandoned house and left. He treated you like shit. I promise you, you're the last thing on his mind right now."

I stared at him, shock and anger burning in my chest. 

"Don't act like you're such a saint!" I shouted. "If you didn't pretend to want to go out on a date with me to get me to Sebastian in the first place, I'd still be in that weird town with Roy and nobody would be in this mess!" 

"If you didn't feel the need to chase after someone who never gave a damn about you, then we wouldn't be in this mess." He stated calmly. Calm or not, I could still hear the anger just below the surface of his voice.

"No." I snapped. "If you would've faced your problems like a man instead of running away from them like a scared little kid, none of this would be an issue."

Isaac shot up and stood in front of me.

"You," He growled, his voice dangerously low. "Don't get to tell me what I have and haven't done. You're not a damn saint either, Elizabeth. You lead people on and then you run back to the person who couldn't care less about you."

"Because your feelings for me are so profound," I said sarcastically. "You literally just sat there silently and watched me walk around the room. I'm so sorry that I didn't see it as the sexual invitation it was obviously meant to be." My voice was thick with sarcasm, and Isaac crossed his arms over his chest.