Getting Ready

(HEISE)

I laugh...

And laugh and laugh...

"Ah, this is driving me crazy. Can nothing kill that guy? Really?!" I shouted as I drink all the liquid from the brandy glass on my hand.

My accomplice. My spy bow down as I stared at her. "Feng Jian Yu is still alive. He is in the Palace with the Prince. Just a bruise in his face and now? Now? The police you got to finish him in that elevator is missing. Along with his kids that you used to force him to do our bidding. Am I right..."

"CEO..." the woman's voice quivered a little...

"Am I right?!" I shouted at her. The brandy is starting to affect my brain. I can hear a faint buzzing on my ear.

The woman sighed defeatedly, "Yes,"

I laughed out loud. The sound echoed inside my office.

"This is bullshit!" I threw the glass on my hand to the wall. The glass breaking made a loud sound. "Why won't he die? Really? This guy is..."

"I think you underestimated him," the woman said.

I gave her a sharp look, "What do you mean? That it's my mistake? That it's my fault, all that failed mission to get rid of this pesky insect of a Consort?"

"No!" The woman adamantly shook her head but I can see her eyes shifting.

She is lying to me. She is blaming me. She thinks I am a failure.

Like Shunu...

Fuck her. Fuck them both!

I walk to the woman to grab her perfectly coiffed hair forcefully. I tilt her head up to look at her eyes. Her eyes that got filled with fear as she stared back at me.

"This is your fault. YOUR FAULT!" I spit at her face before letting her go. She stumbled and fell on her knees in front of me. Which is where she belongs. Kneeling at my feet, like a beggar.

"I gave you one job. Find someone who can kill that Consort and what happened? You botched the job and now you are blaming me? Huh?!"

"No! No! Heise! I am not blaming you!" The woman cower and hug my leg. "I love you, why will I blame you? The fault is mine! I...made a mistake, I'm sorry..." she started crying at my feet.

"That's right!" I crouch to grab her hair again to look at her face again. "This is your fault. This is your mistake. Not mine..." I push her head down as I let her go again.

I walk away from her. She stayed kneeling on the floor.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. "And how will you repay me for this mistake you did? How will you make it up to me?"

"I will kill the Consort myself," the woman said. "I will make sure to get rid of him..."

"That's right!" I point at her and clap. She looked up at me and smile. I nodded at her. "You are an insider in the Palace. You are my spy. You know these people, and their weaknesses. We know the way to destroy the Prince. Kill his Consort and that will be the end of Wang Qing's reign as the Crown Prince. When I become a Queen's Consort..."

"I will be your Mistress and together, we can get rid of Baozang once she gave you a son. We will raise the future King and take all the power from the Wangs," the woman finished for me.

"Exactly! That's exactly the plan. So first step, get rid of Feng Jian Yu. Why is it so hard to get rid of him?"

"The Prince protects him. And their two bodyguards. Plus that Feng Jian Yu is really lucky," the woman gave a worried look. "It's all his luck. I swear. Our plans were flawless but Feng Jian Yu is really lucky."