five

I headed upstairs. I locked my room and opened my window. It was cold out.

I stepped out onto the roof. The bitter winds ripped through me. I sat there and looked up. Up at the stars. They were bright. Bright like his eyes. The constellations were very visible. I admired them.

I was shivering. It was so cold. But the cold air should keep me awake.

My eyes were getting cold. Maybe if I just close them for a second then they'll be warm.

I quickly opened my eyes.

"I can't sleep. I won't sleep."

"What's wrong?" He said. I turned around.

"AHHHHH," I jumped and screamed at the sight of him.

He had his hand wrapped around my body. Like a little cuddle session on my roof.

I tried to back away, but his grip was tight.

"What are you doing on my roof?" I asked. I got loose from his grip and slowly started backing away from him.

"You seemed cold." He replied, innocently.

"Well people don't just, just climb onto other people's roofs just because-" My foot slipped off the edge of the roof.

I struggled and tried to pull myself back up, but I just couldn't do it.

He looked panicked, as if he didn't know what to do.

He got up and slowly started sliding his way down to me.

"Grab my hand." He commanded, holding out his hand.

I looked at him.

"No you'll drop me."

"I won't I promise-"

I slipped again.

"GRAB MY HAND." he commanded once again, louder.

I looked at him again, then his hand, then back to his face. I reached my hand up to his.

He grabbed it and pulled me back. He fell onto his back, not letting go of my hand, I fell on top of him.

I looked into his eyes. I saw the stars reflect into them. They were beautiful. He smiled at me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks." I said, between breaths, still looking into his eyes.

He didn't let go of my hand. He slid his fingers between mine.

I pushed myself up to get off of him.

"No, stay." He said, pulling me back down. "Please?"

I looked at our hands. They were still perfectly laced, like a new shoe.

He took his other hand off of my back and put it on my face and started stroking my cheek with his thumb ever so gently.