fifty-two

The room was dark, but the constantly flashing colorful strobe lights gave the room life and brightness.

The music was so loud, that I could feel the walls shaking. The sound of people singing along and screaming the lyrics also filled my ears.

Jack held my hand and guided us through the crowd of wild dancers and led us to a table where Mikey and Rachel were sitting. Rachel had a long, dark purple, one strapped dress with a slit up the leg. Her long brown hair was curled and pulled to one side.

Mikey was wearing a simple black formal suit with a purple tie to match Rachel's dress.

Rachel was eating strawberries as Mikey had brought themselves chocolate dipping sauce.

"Oh." Rachel said, as she finished eating her strawberry. "Hey guys! You made it!"

Jack and I sat down at the round table, Mikey sitting on one side of Rachel, me next to her, and Jack next to me.

"So you guys didn't have time to change, I'm guessing?" Mikey said, pointing out that we were dressed informally.

"Well." I laughed.

"Yeah." Jack finished.

"Did Brooklyn and Haley show up?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're right over there." Rachel pointed, taking a sip of water.

Haley was wearing a spaghetti strapped short yellow dress, bedazzled with gems and sparkles at the top. Her brown hair was pinned back on one side and fell into her natural curls.

Brooklyn was wearing dress pants and a white long sleeve button up.

They were standing at the food bar, sampling the cookies.

I smiled, admiring how cute they looked together.

I turned my attention to the crowd of dancing people. I spotted Tori dancing and smiling at some blonde guy who looked strangely familiar.

"Who's that?" I pointed to the guy that Tori was dancing with.

"He looks like.... that guy from Wal-Mart that kicked us out for being in the ball pit." Rachel squinted.

"Woah, is that him?" I asked Mikey.

"Who? Andy?-"

"That's his name!" Rachel slammed her hand down on the table when she remembered. Mikey jumped a little.

"They're cute together." I stated.

"True. I ship it." Rachel laughed, taking a sip of water.

The song ended and there was a brief pause before the next one played.

There was a guitar solo starting off the next song.

This was definitely 5sos.

"I love this song! Let's go dance!" I stood up and took Jack by the wrist. Rachel did the same for Mikey.

You walked in
Everyone was asking for your name
You just smiled
And told them "trouble"

We made a square of ourselves and danced and hopped around with each other as the song played.

Rachel and I sang along, as we knew every word.

I looked at Jack, who unexpectedly was lip syncing the lyrics.

"You know this song?" I asked in shock.

"I love this song!" He smiled.

"Really?!" I said. "I didn't know you listened to 5sos!"