twenty-three

"Amy!" I heard Jack yell. "Amy, are you okay?!"

I lifted the pillow and looked at the door.

"Jack no! Take cover!" I yelled at him.

"Amy!" He said, running over to me.

"Jack, get down!" I yelled back, tears threatening to spill. "Please."

"I have to protect you!"

"Jack, I'm fine-"

A beam from the ceiling above Jack fell.

"Jack! No!" I said, diving in his direction. I pushed him out of the way and the last thing I remembered was hitting the floor really hard with a heavy object on my back, then everything went black.

* * *

"Amy, wake up."

"Hmm?"

"Wake up sleepyhead."

"Mm- but I'm tired."

"I have something for you."

"Mm- what?"

"Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and saw Jack, laying down beside of me in a bed. There was something different about him. He looked older. He smiled when I looked at him.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said, then sat a plate between us, containing a piece of cake and two forks.

I looked at the plate then back at him and smiled. I looked around the room. It didn't look familiar at all.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Home." He answered.

"Home?" I questioned.

"Yeah, home. You know the place we live together?"

"We?"

"What's up with you? Why are you acting like this?" He asked, standing up.

"Acting like what?"

Jack shook his head. "You're acting as if you just lost your memory. Let me remind you. I'm Jack, your husband. We live here, together, in our home." He said, making hand gestures.

I looked at him confused.

"Babe, maybe you should go back to sleep he said, feeling my forehead for a fever, then kissing it."

"What, no. What about the cake?"

"I'll take that." He said, picking up the plate and eating the cake with his hands.

My mouth flew open. "Um, excuse me, I feel fine, give me some of that cake." I said, jumping out of bed, and onto Jack. We fell in the floor, and unfortunately, so did the cake.

"Jaaaaaack!" I whined.

"Um, don't 'Jack' me, you're the one who tackled me like a bear and made me drop it."

I squinted at him, reaching my hand over to the cake in the floor and scooped some into my hand without breaking eye contact with him. I shoved the dirty cake in his face. I laughed and he say straight up, pushing me off of him.

"Ewwww!" He said, dramatically.

"You sound like a teenage girl." I playfully smacked his leg.

"Owwww!" He groaned.

"Stopppp!" I mocked him and laughed.

I stood up first, then reached my hand out for him to grab, then pulled him up.

I looked down at the cake in the floor, then poured at Jack.

"There's more in the fridge-" he said, pushing me aside and sprinting out the door.

"Hey!" I shouted, then ran out the door after him.

I didn't recognize this house. I stopped and looked around when I stepped out the door. I saw Jack running down a set of stairs to my left, then continues running after him.

"Sorry, no time to wait!" Jack shouted.

I loved this side of Jack. The goofy, playful Jack. The fun-to-be-around and easy-to-get-along-with Jack.

I ran down the stairs, skipping the last four. I followed Jack into another room. By the time I was there, he was already in the fridge. I looked over the door, then all of a sudden, Jack shot up and hit me in the face with a chunk of cake.

I stared at him in shock.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Payback."

"Well, at least this cake is sanitary." I said, licking it off of my upper lip.

"Yep." Jack said, then moved his face towards mine. I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead, what I got was a lick on my left cheek.

"Ewwww! Why did you do that?" I asked, wiping his saliva off of my face.

He just giggled and pulled the entire cake from the fridge.

It looked very unappetizing, but I was going to eat it anyway.

I grabbed two forks and gave Jack one. He leaned against the counter and scooped a piece of cake.

"Come here." He said, motioning me to come closer.

"Why?"

"Just come here." I walked over to him. "Now open your mouth." He said.

"Why-" I tried to question, but he dived the fork into my mouth. I bit down and scooped a piece of cake onto my fork.

"mm mmm" I mummled, telling him to come closer to me. He did, and I shoved my fork into his mouth.

I let go of his fork and grabbed the one inside my mouth and pulled it out.

As he pulled out his, he flicked a piece of cake off of it like a slingshot, and it hit me in the face.

"Ewwww! Why do you keep doing this?!" I whined. I scooped up another piece onto my fork and slingshotted it at him. It splattered on his cheek and he gasped, then scooped another piece onto his fork and shot it at me.

I threw my fork on the ground dramatically and reached for the cake with my hands. I picked up 2 handfuls and rubbed it all over Jack's face. He had no attemped to push me away.

"HA!" I said obnoxiously. "In. Your. FACE!" I laughed. "Literally."

He chuckled at my pun. I stepped forward, onto my tip-toes and licked his right cheek.

"Ewwww!" He said.

"Payback."

* * *

A/N: OKAY SO I'M SORRY IF YOU GOT THE NOTIFICATION THAT I UPDATED LAST NIGHT, I WAS WRITING ON THE DRAFT AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED PUBLISH, THEN I PANICKED AND CLOSED THE APP, HOPING IT WOULDN'T THEN I CAME BACK AND IT DID SO I QUICKLY UNPUBLISHED ASDFGHJKL I'M SORRY. 😂

Anywho, I'm sorry that I write in A LOT of detail, it's just because I love detail and yeah idk. Do you guys want me to cut down a little on it or  give more or is it okay?

ANDDDD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING CASHIER BOY TO THIS MANY READS IT'S INSANE YOU GUYS ARE SO LIT ASDFGHJKL

WE'RE ALMOST AT 3K IM SO SHOOK GUYSSSS !!

ALSO my friend has been writing a fanfiction using the characters Amy + Rachel, so you should go check it out and maybe drop her a follow. (:
lovequeen0912

Thank you, you beautiful lot. I love you so much. <3

Much love 💙