twenty-eight

Amy's POV

I sat up in my bed and looked around. I looked out the window and stared at the birds that were perched on the rubber-covered electrical wires that were connected between tall wooden poles.

I felt some buzzing on my bed. I pulled the blanket up, carrying the device on top of it.

I grabbed my phone from the blanket and looked at the damages for the first time. There was a crack on the top corner and another crack going down from the middle of that one to the bottom corner.

I'm surprised it still worked.

Rachel was calling. I slid my finger across the screen to accept the call.

"Hey!" I heard her say from the other side of the line. "How are you?"

"Hi! My back is still pretty sore but I think I'll be okay."

"Oh, well, that's good!"

"Yeah. Thanks." I replied.

There was silence for a minute befpre I heard a deep voice in the background saying something along the lines of, "Have you told her yet?"

Then Rachel covering the microphone and whispering, "Not yet, shhhh!"

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Sorry what?"

"Is there someone with you?"

"Oh uh, yeah." She replied.

I waited for her to answer my first question but she didn't.

"Well.... Who?"

"Oh, that was Mikey. You remember him, right? I met him at that party."

"Mikey?"

"Yeah, you know. He has black curly hair. A couple tattoo's."

"Oh." I said.

"Why is he with you?" I asked.

"Um.... He's really sweet. He bought me icecream. He's adorable. I really like him."

"So you guys are like-"

"ShhhhhhHhh!" Rachel spazzed at me. "No. Not yet." She said, knowing what I was about to ask.

"Dating?" I said anyway.

"Amy! Shhhh."

"Why are you freaking out so much?" I laughed.

"I don't like that term." She said.

"You mean.... dating." I teased.

"Amy, stop it." She said in a serious tone.

I laughed then said, "I'm sorry."

"So how are you gonna label yourselves when you're actually.... Together?" I asked, trying to avoid the term.

"I don't know.... Anywayyyy! How are you and Jack?" She asked, changing the subject.

I zoned out for a second, remembering what I could from that night.

"My name is Mikey." He said.

"Mikey?" I asked examining his face. "Haven't I met you before?"

"No? Who are you?"

"Wait, you're friends with Jack." I said.

"Yeah? How do you know Jack?" He asked.

"Oh, uh- That's not important. Let's go, Rachel." I said, attempting to drag her away.

"I gotta peeeee." Rachel complained. I sighed. "I can go by myself." She jerked away from me and stumbled a couple feet away. "Wait for me here." I nodded and she stumbled out of the room and down the hall. I was left alone with Mikey. He had a pretty nice face but I didn't want anything to do with him. If Rachel dates him, then that means we'd have to spend time with that one guy.

"Get lost, mate." I told him.

"But why love?" He asked, standing up and moving close to me.

"I said get lost, dude. Back up, leave. How many times do I have to ask?" I shoved him backwards.

"Amy?" The sound of Rachel's voice zones me back into reality.

"Huh?" I asked.

"How are you and Jack?"She asked again.

"Oh uh. Yeah." I replied, not processing what she asked me. All I could think of was Mikey.

That little rat flirted with me the second Rachel walked out the door. If he does it once, it might be a concept of his. I don't want to see Rachel getting hurt by him.

"What?" She asked.

"Sorry, what?" I asked, trying to focus on what she was asking me this time.

"Never mind." She said.

"Sorry." I replied.

"Rachel I have to tell you something." I said.

"Yeah?" She asked.

But what if it wasn't a concept of his? What if it was just because he was drunk? Maybe it was just a one time thing. I'll give him one more chance and if he does something like that again, I'm going straight to Rachel.

"Oh, uh, we should meet up sometime. I never got to properly meet Mikey." I said.

"Wouldn't that be a little awkward though? I mean you can come alone if you want, but that position just seems a little awkward." She paused. "Hey!"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We should invite Jack too! Like a double- um- hangout!" She caught herself from using the term 'date'.

"Oh. I don't-"

"Great! I'll get Mikey to text him and ask."

"Rachel, don't-"

"I'll see ya later."

"No wait, Rachel-"

She hung up.

* * *

Jack's POV

*buzz* *buzz*

I paused the video I was watching and pulled down the notification from the top of the screen.

1 new message from MC Mikey Mike.

Hey mate rachel wants you and amy to hang out with us later. you in?

I opened the conversation and replied.

Tonight?

- yea

Have you asked amy?

- rachel did

Did she reply?

- rachel said that she said she was fine with it.

Oh, then what time?

- we'll come pick you guys up at around 8 tonight if that's cool

Alright sick

So, she has been ignoring my messages.

If she wanted to stay away from me this much, I wonder why she would agree to hang out with me.

* * *

A/N: Something's cooking here. ;)

Anywhoooo I hope your day is amazing. Stay positive. Things are always better when you're being positive.

I hope your day is filled with blessings <3

Thank you for getting this book to 4k <3

You're amazing and I love you so much. <3

Much love 💚