Chapter 5

Minho

I pushed the specially prepared food cart that I had got from the kitchen a few minutes ago into the lift and pressed the lift button to get to the suite. I sighed as the doors closed. So tiring...

So exactly how much can this woman eat?? If I can remember correctly, she has ordered around 5 food carts of this amount and it has been emptied whenever I deliver a new one.  Is there more than one person inside?? The food that she had ordered can definitely feed around 20 people at a party at least.

This woman is a sumo wrestler, I'm sure. No one could eat that much except for sumo wrestler, if what I know. This is just ridiculous. The lift doors opened and I wheeled out the food cart with much difficulty. Why did I even agree to this??

It is not like I'm broke, I still have some money to spare if I work the normal hours. Whatever, I better do my best and maybe I might be doing this kind of job permanently if the manager is satisfied with me.

I knocked on the door, waiting for her to open the door. The door opened slightly and I wheeled it in, I was able to go into the room but she stopped me. "Just leave it there and collect the next morning." She said. "Don't ever come in here again." Sounds like a young lady in her 20s, no a high school student. They said that she is a high school student and how is a high school student able to afford this luxury?? How rich is she even??

I looked around the room at a glance and noticed that there was a knife on the table. It is not a penknife or anything like that. It is a paring knife.

[A paring knife is for cutting and peeling fruits and vegetables.]

There were no fruits laying around then did she have a knife for that?? Oh, never mind... There are all kinds of people in the world, maybe she would use the knife to eat the steak or the salad. Some people do that sometimes, no matter how weird is it, there are people like that. She can't be killing herself with that right??

"Mdm, enjoy your meal." I simply said and left the room.

I shook my head. Don't think too much and you would be fine. She is just a customer and you are a just someone that took the job for a sick ahjumma.

I returned to the ballroom and draped a napkin over my arm as I held a wine bottle in one hand. I walked to a nearby table where the customers are having their appetizers. "Wine??" I asked one of them and she nodded slightly. I took her empty wine glass and filled it half full and placed it back. I did the same for the other guests at the same table.

The coworker that came to me for a favour walked to my side after I was done with all the wine pouring and being polite. "You're done already?? So fast??"

I nodded. "Are you sure that she is a high school student??"

"From what the Ahjummas told me, yes she is. Why?? She doesn't look like one??"

I shook my head. "It is not that. Have you met someone that eats food for like 20 people??"

He shook his head. "No. She did?? Woah, she is really Daebak!!" He crossed his arms and laid against the wall. "Maybe she wants to eat to her fill??"

"Maybe..." I sighed and looked around the room for any wine glasses to fill before the next course is dished out.

"I know why...." I looked at him and signalled him to carry on. "What if she is trying to kill herself after that?? There are people like that in this world." Kill herself?? That is too much... It couldn't be right??

I was going to ignore him as he is always spouting nonsense but this time I unknowingly leaned closer to him, listening to him for the first time ever. "My mother said that some people eat to their fill before committing suicide. You know why?? Because they don't want to die hungry. They want to die peacefully with their stomachs filled."

Is that so?? "Aigoo, that made me shivers." He rubbed his arms to get rid of the goosebumps.

"That is just a myth and I don't care if you believe it or not because it doesn't come true for as far as I know." He said and I rolled my eyes. He is still spouting nonsense in the end. Why did I listen to him for the last couple of minutes??

I felt like some of my brain cells just died because of that. I shouldn't have listened to people like that. I shrugged my shoulders and walked to another table.

----------

MiWon

I took a very long shower after eating and puking out like most of it because I couldn't finish it. What a waste... But it is satisfying to spend all that money without thinking about how much I had spent all at once. Instead, just behaving like some bitchy heiress feels good.

I should've spent my life like this, buying luxury branded items to decorate my body, spend millions of dollars on stuff that I don't need.

Maybe people wouldn't hate me that much if I dress up to be a rich person. Maybe they will treat me like some goddess, everywhere I go, there will literally be people worshipping me. There will be a Na MiWon religion because people like me but this is never the case for me.

I hate my looks a lot. A lot. So much that I wouldn't look in the mirror. Not even the mirror on the wall in my house nor the mirror that is placed in my bedroom. The truth is I don't even have a mirror as I couldn't stand to see my ugly face anywhere.

I don't even know I am still here alive with no purpose in life. Besides being so smart, I don't even know the advantages of it other than answering questions faster than anyone, knowing things faster than anyone. It is like a talent but it is useless. I looked at the knife that I brought along with me in case I wanted to do something with it. I looked at my wrist and then the paring knife.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and then opened my eyes. I glided it across my wrist with some force and blood started oozing out immediately. I'm dying, dying soon...

I gave a faint smile, amazed that I have just cut myself and then passed out as I have a fear. I can't stand blood. And I'm leaving this goddamn world just like that.

Goodbye...