Chapter 37

Minho

Days pass by and it is the day of my father's birthday but I have done nothing to prepare for his birthday. I have not come up with ideas for his birthday meals, I didn't even go to the supermarket to buy stuff for him, I didn't go to the cake shop to buy a cake for his birthday, not even a birthday present. I didn't want to celebrate his birthday, he wouldn't appreciate it as much if my older sister was the one who did that.

My older sister is in a different league than me, she is the one who gets all the love and attention from both of my parents just because she is capable of doing things, she studied hard for her exam and even went overseas for her studies for 3 years. She came back and became unemployed but my parents don't mind at all, she studied something that was in high demand and thus there were a lot of people fighting for it to get a job in one of those companies.

She had been like this for about 3 years but my parents didn't mind,  because she is smarter and she is their favourite. If I were to be her, I would've gotten smacked every day because I will be a disgrace if I don't get a job after graduation, because I am a guy and they expect more from me but I have already disappointed them with my poor life choices so they wouldn't care about me anymore.

There is no use organising a birthday party for your father when he doesn't think much of you and has already kicked out of the household a long time ago, there is no use trying to make amends now. It is too late now and I can't do much about it.

"You have been stoning for a while, are you alright?" Miwon asks me and I nodded, not hearing what she had said. "Now, you answer the question."

What the hell did she even say? I cleared my throat, looking at the things that she had just circled on, it is full of red circles. "The way to solve eating disorders is to identify the issue and then find a way to solve it."

"You are not answering the question, have you really been listening to me for the past 10 minutes?" I gulped, she is still as scary as before, especially she stares at me like that as if I am the prey and she is the predator.

I shook my head and she sighed, putting her red pen down. "Tell me, what is on your mind?"

She has a lot of things to worry about and her main mission is to get her memories back and me telling her about my problems is not going to help her at all, in fact, it is going to slow down her recovery. Plus, she can't really help much, it has been a problem for me since I am in my teens and it has always been like that for a long time, one person can't possibly do that.

"Nothing is wrong, let's go back to studying," I told her, changing the topic so that she stops talking about it.

"Song Minho, can't you just tell me about it?" Her look on her face is making me spill the beans to her, but I can't. I can't do that to someone that I love. "Seriously, tell me. I am your friend and I should be able to know something about you."

It is true that I don't tell her much about my life, I didn't want to reveal too much about her life or she will start to hate me even more. She has already hated me once back in high school and it was traumatizing for her, how is she going to handle the news that I was actually the Song Minho from back then?

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, it was a male student and it appears that he was looking for me as he had a frantic look on his face and he smiles brightly as soon as he sees me. "Hey! Long time no see! How are you doing with your life?"

He was being very friendly for some reason and there was something about him that was very familiar but I can't remember at all, after all, I don't really give a damn about everyone in my life, it is not that I have to make friends with all of them and this one clearly doesn't fall in any of the categories. "It's me, Cha Eunwoo! I am your classmate back in high school, we met a few times." And he took a look at Na Miwon, he freaked out even more. "Na Miwon! Is that you? I can't believe that you're here with Song Minho, I can't believe that you guys are sitting together."

Na Miwon looks at him weirdly and I figured that he is one of the people who knows Na Miwon and they should keep their mouths shut before they start talking about, how I am back in high school and my relationship to Na Miwon back then will be fully revealed. I stood up, looking at him with the look. "Sorry, Miwon... I will be back later."

I walked out of the library and he is still talking about high school things, he is getting a little annoying to be back honest. Why are all these people in my high school all so talkative and annoying? There was Jung Eunha who hated me to the core and she yelled at me when she saw me with Miwon, and then the gangster that I encountered at the café and now Cha Eunwoo whom I don't quite remember him that well. Who is he to me back then?

Vivid memories appeared in my mind of him in high school, always talking to Miwon and always walking so close to her that she got annoyed and often ignored her. I was in the picture as well, often pulling him away from Miwon so that he doesn't stain her with his stupidity. And he was also at that party where he was seated with Miwon at the same table, I remembered insulting him at the party and Miwon laughing at my remarks.

"How did you even got into this university? Did your parents bribe the school for you to get in?" I crossed my arms over each other.

"Is this what you have to say to me after 3 years of not seeing me? We were at least acquaintances."

"Not even that, you were really clingy to Miwon and she hated you to the core."

"No, I didn't. She was falling for me and she did that to keep her feelings into control, I was too charming for that." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "And you, how did you even come into this course? And how did you even managed to get into contact with Miwon? I thought that she disappeared 3 years ago and now she is back all of a sudden, sitting in a wheelchair."

He is even harder to handle than Jung Eunha, at least Jung Eunha was already friends with Na Miwon by then but Cha Eunwoo, he was never a friend and he is an absolute chatterbox, telling him about MiWon's situation won't help me at all, he is only going to tell Miwon about it and I will be doomed for life.

"She looks like she lost her memories and she is injured and paralysed from the waist down, did she get injured in the last 3 years?"

My eyes doubled in size. "How did you even know about that?"

"You do know that our families have partnerships with each other and that I know everything about her, I have to know that everything about her so it would be easier if we were married in a few years time."

"Who the hell said that you can get married to her?" I never heard anything of a marriage that is happening in the family, there is no way that Na Miwon is going to get married to this bastard.

"Soon, she would know soon and we would be lovebirds in no time. Just wait for my wedding invitation, I will surely invite you to our wedding as a guest from Bundang high."

I landed a punch on his face and I never felt this good in years, I promised to never hit anyone without any reason but I did it for Na Miwon. "Get lost, you can never get married to Na Miwon. She will never like you, she hates people like you."

He wiped the blood from his nose. "And you think that you are any better than me?"

"I am not but I don't make up lies like that, I know that you are making this up as an attempt to make me jealous. Because of that, I am way better than you." And I have the ability to take care of Miwon...