Chapter 35

Minho

I laid down in bed in deep thought over what MiWon had said to me in lecture class earlier today, she was being very weird. I know that she has lost her memories and is now living with a new persona that she has created herself, it is the complete opposite of what she used to be.

She is now the bubbly and cheerful girl that I have only gotten used in the last week, she smiles all the time and yet sometimes it seems really fake to me, it is like she had gotten her memories back and she is lying to me and the rest of the world that she hasn't.

1 month is way too short for someone's memories to come back, it is nearly impossible. Even dramas don't show people remembering everything that they had lost previously that quickly, it is usually after 3 months where fragments of their memories start to come back to them bit by bit and it takes a huge impact to do that.

But she didn't encounter any huge impact ever since she gained consciousness, except for the time where she collapsed at the arcade game store. Can that be the that huge impact?

I laughed at myself for being so ridiculous, there is no proof that she has her memories back at all and nothing much happened after that. Maybe it is just a coincidence that she said that?

"I can memorise all that, you idiot, since I am so smart, I can do that." Yep, it is by chance that she said it, anyone could say it if they know me well enough...

"Minho, would you be a dear and help me buy groceries at the supermarket? It is closing hours soon." I heard my older sister's voice and I got out of the room.

She hasn't left after having dinner with me which she begged me to and she is now laying down on the couch with a distorted facial expression on her face. Does she think that I'm her maid or what?

"I have already bought the groceries for this week," I told her and narrowed my eyes at her, a sudden realization coming to my head. "Tell me what the hell is on your mind, I'm listening." She usually comes up with a lame excuse if she has something that she wants to talk to me about and it is something that I wouldn't want to listen.

"Who says that I have something that I want to tell you about? I just wanted you to get ice cream on my behalf." She gave me a cheeky smile and I sighed, walking to the freezer and got her an ice cream cone for her. I hate how older siblings have the upper hand towards everything that they do against their younger siblings.

"Here." I gave it to her and she unwrapped the paper around it, eating the ice cream with delight. "Anything else?"

"Now sit down and listen to me, I indeed have something that I want to talk to you about." I rolled my eyes and let out a groan. "The ice cream was the bribe. Sorry, I had to."

I made myself comfortable on the couch while she is devouring her ice cream that she bribed me with, I wonder what is on her mind that she has to say. "Appa's birthday is coming up and I want you to make a birthday meal for him."

My face sunken, and I stood up, not like this conversation that we are having. "I reject this idea, I won't do such a thing."

Doing this sort of stuff for my family, I was never the kind of person to ever do that. I was never close to my family either, it was always my older sister who is being sweet and filial towards my parents. After all, she is the one that my parents are proud of, she is the one getting all the achievements that she had while I only disappointed my parents right from I was in my teens.

I began smoking as early in middle school and I got caught smoking in the bathroom, my father dragged me and caned me so hard that I was crying and pleading for forgiveness but the damage was already done. I had already disappointed him and that can't be fixed anymore so I continued to do things to make his blood boil but I couldn't care less.

It is not like he will treat me like how I was at age 12, being the rowdy and playful boy that my parents loved. I got tattoos and joined a gang and my father had me banished from the household, never wanting me to return back home again. To me, it was like freedom and the perfect opportunity to be independent on my own.

Saying that I moved out to live on my own was just the surface of my story, my family hates me to the core that I have to get away from her as far as possible so that nothing bad happens to them. I was a disgrace to my family and I always will.

My older sister was the only one who believed in me, that in all the bad things that I have done, I am still indeed a good person. "But he is our father and he is getting old, you can't avoid him forever."

"I have to, I am a disgrace to him and I shouldn't be cooking food for him. What if he accuses me of poisoning him? I wouldn't want to go to jail for that stupid act."

"Minho, he doesn't think that you are a disgrace to the household. He still loves you a lot, he really does. He even went to your high school graduation ceremony and he was all smiles."

I scoffed. "That was only because I got 10th place and it was a title that he should be proud of his son for scoring so well, he still disagrees to everything that I do. I think that it is better if you would bring him and Omma out on his birthday to have good food along without me, I am not part of the family anyways."

"Minho--"

I cut her off. "I'm going back to my room, enjoy your ice cream. Remember to empty the trash bin before you leave."