Chapter 56

Minho

I held Na Miwon in my arms and I looked at her face, it was all covered in soot due to the state that she was in, a fire started on the ground floor of the hotel building and there isn't much information on how the fire started but all I know is that it is going to kill Na Miwon if I didn't hurry to save her from the raging fire.

I knew that I had no time to spare when I discovered the fire from the roadside restaurant, the whole area was covered in smoke and it is about to engulf the entire night sky. I immediately ran for the hotel building, clearly knowing the risks that I am going to take but I couldn't care much. Na Miwon is not a regular girl who can walk and run, she has a disability and it will definitely affect her in this kind of a situation and she wouldn't be able to escape without any help.

And I know that no one else would actually want to help her because they are busy saving themselves from danger and they couldn't care about anything else, that is the true nature of human beings. Na Miwon needs my help and I will be there to save her, I can't let her die just like that and I would have to marry her someday and she is definitely going to be my wife no matter what. There isn't anyone who can replace her in my life, she is the best candidate for the love of my life and I won't leave her no matter what.

A guy pulled me back when I want to enter the hotel building. "What are you doing? Are you planning to get in there? You will die if you get in there now."

"I have someone that I need to save, she is going to be my wife and I can't let her die just like that." I pushed my way through but that guy refused to let go of me.

"But are you going to risk your life going in there? You are out of your mind." He yelled at me. "The firefighters will save her, it is their job. You just stay here and wait for her news, it is the best thing to do now."

"But will I have the chance to marry her if I just wait here? No, I won't. The best thing for me is to go in there and save the love of my life, at least I would be there when she needs me." I yanked off his hand. "I'm so sorry but I just love her too much, too much that I can die while saving her."

And I did save her, I knew that I didn't make the wrong decision of going in to save her when the fire is spreading everywhere and it could have killed me and Na Miwon, without me going in there to save Miwon, they would've just given up on saving anyone because it is in a very dangerous state and they might die. But I was persistent and I was determined to get Na Miwon out no matter what, and she was there laying down on the hotel room unconscious when I found her.

She opened her eyes and she looked at me, a sense of relief went through my entire body and I was about to cry but I stopped myself from doing that, it is not the time for me to cry like this. "Song Minho..." She said my name and her eyes shut close after a few seconds and that was the last time that I ever heard her speak.

She didn't regain consciousness for a few hours even when everyone came to see her after watching the news on the television, even her mother came to visit her even though she doesn't give a damn about her life and she gave me a mysterious look when she met me and I don't have any idea what it meant at all, I am just relieved that she didn't slap me like how she did 3 years ago when Miwon was in a long coma.

Her university classmates came to see her as well, a lot of them are not that close to her and she hasn't talked to any of them but I still appreciate that they still came to visit her regardless. Jung Eunha came as well and she was in tears and continued to cry for the next few hours that she was there and she was disturbing the patients, I had to get her to leave even though I didn't want to and it is for the well-being of the other patients and the hospital.

"Is she going to regain consciousness anytime soon?" JiHoon asked when he came over after he is done with his work, he came with SungJong who instantly got harassed by all the nurses, he is a fan favourite even at the hospital.

I shook my head. "It has been almost 8 hours, I am getting a little worried about her condition and she inhaled a lot of gas as well."

"If she needs time to rest, let her rest. She has been resting most of her life so let her be, maybe that is her solution of escaping from reality." SungJong commented and it was true, Na Miwon indeed went through a rough childhood and her school isn't that great either, stuck in her dreamland is one way of getting away from the pain but I want to be the one that she would wake up for, I want to be the answer to the end of her misery.

"You have done such a great job, Song Minho." Officer Na gave me a pat on the shoulder. "My daughter is the one who is not doing anything to help you, shall I make her wake up?"

I shook my head and looked at Na Miwon who is laying down on the hospital bed. "I will rather wait for her to wake up on her own, it would take days, weeks, months or even years but I am willing to wait for her because I love her and I will be there for her when she needs me because that is what a secret guardian would do for his princess."