Chapter 22

Minho

I looked at my watch and the view in front of me, I am terribly late and someone here is going to be really angry at me. Maybe she wouldn't with this new personality of her always being this bubbly and cheerful, never frowning and upset over anything but I wouldn't want to risk it. She would turn back into that savage girl that I have known back then if I ever made her angry.

I rushed to the hospital lobby and pressed for the lift button, looked at my watch and the screen at the top of the lift. 5th floor, I still can make it.

I walked along the corridor leading to her hospital ward and I heard a yelp and a thud which made my footsteps quickened in fear that it might be her and she had fallen down.

I got into her room and she was on the floor with the new clothes that her mother had sent to her when she came over to visit MiWon, it was a simple off-shoulder pastel pink dress. It looked really pretty when I took it out from the box to show her. and it looked even prettier now that she is wearing that in real life, I just realized how exactly bad is my imagination.

"Help me, I can't get up on my own." I slapped myself internally to stop me from ogling at her beautiful legs. Stop it, you have to act normal for her to think that you are a very normal kind boy, she won't hate you.

I ran to her and held her arm, picked her up and put her in the wheelchair. I placed a blanket to cover her legs as it could be a bit chilly for her since that the weather is a bit cold today. "What were you trying to do earlier??" I asked her. "Are you alright?? Did you injure yourself??"

She chuckled. "Nope, not at all. I'm just bored of just waiting for you so I tried getting in the wheelchair on my own. It seems that I need more physiological sessions to do that." Stop trying so hard, you will never be able to walk again. The doctors have already confirmed and she will be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

"I'm always here to help you," I told her. "Don't ever worry about ever going about in a wheelchair on your own," I said as I placed her stuff on her lap. "You packed everything right??"

She nodded eagerly. "Minho ssi, are we going to the university today??" My face expression sunken. Why must she insisted that she wanted to go to school again??

The last time that she ever went to school, she was bullied heavily in school and I was the cause of it. I was the main reason why she tried to end her life so many times, I can't forget how I found her unconscious in the hotel bathtub and blood was leaking out of her wrist and slowly turning the water in the bathtub a crimson red.

She turned around to face me. "Minho ssi??"

"Oh, of course, we are going." I faked a smile. "That's our objective for today, to get you enrolled in a university so that you can..." I paused for a moment as I couldn't get the words out.

"Really??" She exclaimed. "Do I look good??" Of course, every single day, every second, every minute. You have always looked that beautiful even if you think otherwise...

I dropped her stuff at her house which her servant gladly greeted her and brought up her stuff to her room where she stopped her from taking her stuff, she couldn't trust the servant enough and instead I was summoned to her room which is surprisingly a pale pink colour that has a grey-coloured bed with pillows and blankets of the same colour, a small white desk placed at the side of the wall, a white closet on the other side and it is all to her room.

I had expected more things to be in her room like a plushie or someplace where she would get comfortable in like a fort or a small couch where she can sit in if she doesn't feel like laying down in her bed. For a girl, she would have all of these things but not her.

I came down to the ground floor where MiWon is already wheeling her way in looking at the things that are hung up on the wall, her mother decorated it for her. Before that, there was never anything that was on the walls, MiWon is a very simple person and never bothered to decorate, she was never the creative type and strictly stuck to solid colours for everything.

"We better hurry or it would be afternoon soon, I still have work after this." I reminded her, I am still a working person who works to pay off the bills. I may have to take care of her but my money is equally important.

"Oops..." She apologized. "These paintings... They looked so beautiful..." She pointed to one particular painting, the yellow butterflies. "Especially this, did I buy this??"

I nodded, I had no choice but to lie to her. The old Na MiWon isn't a fan of paintings and she never will be, only this Na MiWon showed interest towards them. I can't get used to this Na MiWon, she seems like a stranger rather than an improved version of her. She liked things that the old Na Miwon wouldn't even bother to look at, she squealed at all the little things that the old Na MiWon doesn't do.

I fell in love with the insecure Na MiWon, not this Na MiWon who lives as the day goes by without any worries. The old Na MiWon couldn't be bothered to love anyone as she had no idea how to love someone, I liked that side of her and wanted to take care of her.

I want the old Na MiWon back.