Chapter 12

Minho

Days went by quickly and nothing much happened in school. People still spouted nonsense everywhere I go, talking about baseless things that no one bothers to listen but they still did as they wanted to get involved except for Na MiWon who is not around.

Ever since that day, she didn't appear much and is always leaving as soon as school ends. I would expect her to pass by the convenience store to buy her favourite triangle Kimbap but no, she didn't even come to the after-school academy.

Of course, no one noticed but I do for some odd reason as I allowed her to enter my life. I wanted to ask her why but I couldn't, she was gone before I could even say anything. Strangely, the person that was tutoring also disappeared, never appearing online when I needed her help. She must be busy, I guess but 3 days not being online is being suspicious.

I sighed as I put on my vest and hung up my clothes in the locker, locking the locker before going to the mirror for a final check of my attire and my visuals. Today is one of the days where I am able to earn big bucks, 3 to 4 times that I can earn more than a normal night at my work shift.

There is a function today where all the big names will be attending and I took the job as one of the servers, ready to make money. I heard that one of the big bosses are going to introduce it's successors for the first time ever in public. Not that I care but being introduced officially at such a place is really an honour.

"Yeah, I thought that you were coming as the exams are coming up!!" My coworker SungJong came up to me. We have become a little closer ever since the accident where he warned me about MiWon committing suicide and I thanked him secretly by giving him a note. But I think that he is still a bit annoying.

"Tonight is a great night and I don't want to miss it," I replied. "Don't you think so??"

"Of course, there will be food and music, totally different from the boring days where we have to serve normal customers." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Let's work hard, shall we??"

I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the toilet where we will report for work officially. I counted the number of plates for each customer and walked off to the drinks station where glasses of wine have been prepared.

I took 5 glasses at a time to greet the guests who were starting to crowd around the event hall. "Please have a drink..." I asked every small crowd that I walked past and they took it with gratitude. It all went well until one woman rejected my offer.

"No thanks, I don't drink low quality wine. Do you have champagne??"

I faked a smile. "Of course. Coming right up!!" And I would have to get an extra glass of champagne because of you, woman. But the tip is the thing.

I walked back to the drinks station to get an extra glass of champagne and back to that woman who is calling over someone from my direction. "Here's your glass of champagne..." She took it and slipped a 50,000 won note into my hands at the same time. I thanked her and walked off.

"Gosh, MiWon... Why are you so late?? Do you know that you missed 5 big companies to introduce yourself to??" I heard that woman speak to that lady who stood with her and I turned my head towards the two.

It is that woman who complained about being at the hospital when she has a meeting to go to, she is Na MiWon's mother. Then that girl is...

Na MiWon.

Ah, it makes so much sense now. I should have realized when she stayed in the most expensive suite that cost almost 15,000,000 won for just one night.

I was wondering why she could afford a night's stay at the most expensive suite and even ordered 5 sets of food carts which most people would only order one. She is a rich family's daughter. But why does she act like she's poor??