Chapter 15

Minho

Do me proud, dongsaeng!!

I received a message from my older sister just as I was locking up the house to go to school. Today is the first day of examinations, the period where everyone hates but loves it at the same time. It is the time that determines how well you have studied through the whole year and how well will you perform for that short one hour for each subject, once you messed up, there's no going back and it will be the last examination that I will take before I go on to college.

I sighed as I remembered how bad I was at studying and the fact that I wouldn't even get a B or an A for each subject, there is only one chance and I have to do my best for one last time and I will be free.

I walked along the streets and I saw Na MiWon in one of the buses that can be taken to school, I boarded the bus as I didn't want to miss it. I stood and held on to the bus handles while I looked at her, she is sitting still listening to her music while the rest of the students on the bus were discussing the topics that are going to come up on the examinations.

It is like she doesn't give a damn about it and just attended school just because she is forced to, she will be forced to run the family business if she doesn't. Her family doesn't allow her to do what she likes so she lost interest in control for a very long time ago. And love, she doesn't want to love anyone as she didn't want to get hurt, including me.

Flashback

"I want you to love me with all your heart."

Her smile quickly turned into a frown as I uttered the last few words. "You're kidding, right??" She asked as she couldn't believe my words, it was so absurd to her and she can't believe my words. It was very unexpected.

"You know that I don't joke around. Love me."

"I can't. I don't know how to and I don't want to, I don't want to hurt you."

I held her hand. "How hard is it?? Anyone can love easily, why can't you??"

She yanked her hand off. "I just can't, don't force me..." She stood up and grabbed her bag. "Enjoy your ice cream, I'm going off first. Thanks for today."

She walked off and I wanted to chase after her but I stopped. She doesn't want to love anyone as she didn't want to burden anyone and herself.

End of flashback

I got off the bus and I walked to the entrance of the school while keeping a safe distance from her, I don't want to get close to me and I'm sure she doesn't as well.

I saw Cha Eunwoo walking to her and surprising her from behind, she was shocked and I was angry. I am not angry as I didn't want Cha Eunwoo to do that to her, I'm angry because I can't do that. I'm a coward and I hate myself for her. Why can't I do such a simple thing like that??

She walked away after flashing him the middle finger which made him distance himself a few meters away from her and he keeps doing his thing by disturbing her.

This has to stop... I walked to the both of them and dragged Cha Eunwoo by the collar, Na MiWon didn't notice at all, she was listening to the music and looking straight all the time.

"Yah!! Why are you pulling me away??"

I let go of him and he fell back but still managed to keep his balance. "Don't disturb a genius when she is in her serious mode and worry more about yourself. Will you continue to score Cs this time??"

"Who said that I scored Cs for my last examinations??" He asked angrily, his face turning redder by the second.

"On your social media. You talk about everything from your pet to the number of plates that you had in your home. Studying is more important than doing all that." I said before meeting the 3 sidekicks that I always hang out with who is as usual doing all sorts of stupid stuff.

"Annyeong, Hyungnim..." The three of them said in unison.

"Hyungnim, you are looking smart today."

"Not just looking smart, I'm also prepared for the examinations," I told them.

"I'm just hoping that I will pass this time." One of them said and I smacked his head.

"Don't aim for just a pass, aim for at least a B," I told him and he just nodded.

"I got it, Hyungnim." Na MiWon better prepares yourself for the worst. With the tutoring that you have given me, I will definitely do better than you and the fact that I messed with your heart.

------------
MiWon

I stepped out of the classroom carrying my school bag over my shoulder and I received a message just a second later. I didn't need to look at the caller ID, I only have a few contacts on my contact list and she is one of them. And yes, I got a new phone, she gave it to me via mail.

Come up at the office if you can today, I have something to give you. I was going to ignore her message again when she called.

"I know that you are done with your exam, that's why I'm calling."

"I bet that it is just some useless stuff that you want me to look over."

"Na MiWon, it is not useless. Come up today, we will have dinner together before you go back home." She hung up even before I could say anything. She does this these days to make me listen to her.

I placed my phone in my pocket and I continued walking towards the bus stop, I spotted someone standing at the bus stop wearing his earpieces.

Song Minho.

"I want you to love me with all your heart." My heart skipped a beat as his words went through my mind. He was sincere when he said that, he wasn't kidding.

I wished that I could love you but how can I love someone when I can't even love myself?? Loving someone comes after knowing how to love yourself.