Chapter 19

Minho

I came to this weird-looking garage that I never went to before but I have to enter here because I have to avenge the guys on Na MiWon's behalf, it is their fault for landing MiWon in this state. Without them, MiWon would be in New Zealand by now.

She had booked flight tickets to New Zealand on the day she graduated from school, she had plans to migrate there but couldn't because of the gangsters. They ruined her plan and landed her in a car accident.

I opened the door to the garage and I was greeted by some gruesome looking people all staring at me with those eyes, they came forward to stop me. "What are you here for?? Do you know that it is our boss's territory??"

"Where is your boss?? I want to meet him, I'm sure that he knows who I am than you underlings." I told them and they led me to their boss which is also the same person that I used to follow because I was weak and had to make myself stronger, being with them made me fearless.

I liked that but not now, I'm just concerned about MiWon's safety. These guys are sure going to harm her even more, what if they go to the hospital when I'm not around?? I can never make that happen, I have to protect her at all costs.

The boss was eating peanuts which are unshelled by one of his underlings. "Oh, Minho?? What brings you here?? I thought that you didn't care about us anymore."

"I heard that a few of your boys attacked a girl a few hours ago and I'm here to take revenge, she's my girlfriend."

"Is it the girl who is freaking smart and has an IQ of 140??" He replied nonchalantly as if he is trained to answer questions like this, he didn't even have emotions on his face.

Did they track her down after knowing that I have spent time with her alone??  "Yes, she is now injured and I'm here to take revenge."

He laughed at my statement, a sinister laugh that you would only see in dramas. "Take revenge?? We, hooligans never do anything for a girl. If she is useless, we will just throw her aside and look for a new one. We never protect any woman, did she brainwash you??"

I didn't laugh at any of it, instead, my facial expression was serious. I wished that I could punch him right now and he would land in the hospital. That's what I wanted but I could get into jail for that and I have no lawyer to help me with that.

I pointed to every underling that he has including the ones that go to school with me. "I'll fight with all of your underlings, if I did, promise me that you would leave me and her alone."

He slammed his hand on the table. "You're going to quit?? Only a coward would quit the gang and you're crazy to do that." Yes, I'm crazy... I will do anything for Na MiWon...

"Fine..." He pointed to five underlings. "We will start with five and we will increase after that if you are able to get out of here without collapsing, you win."

I sighed. "Game on!!" I shouted and the five ran to me.

--------------

HaRa (If anyone forgot who this is, she is actually Song Minho's older sister.)

I opened the refrigerator and found a few bottles of Soju, I took it out and placed it on the table along with one Soju glass. Minho told me that he would be back home late as he has something to do and told me not to wait for him but as a sister, I still get worried when he doesn't come home on time even though he is technically an adult.

He is still my younger brother that I cared for the past 10 plus years and growing up along with him. Even if he does bad things and is a gangster, he is still my brother.

I used to be mad at him when he first got his piercing and his first tattoo, I don't get why he has to do this to look stronger. Looking tough doesn't make you tough from the inside and it is true of Song Minho, he pretends to look tough but is actually a softie that cries at emotional scenes and is a huge dork. But now he has proved that he can be a better person by not hanging out with them and be a good person in general.

I was pouring my glass of Soju halfway when the phone ring and I rolled my eyes. Who had the nerve to call me when I'm drinking??

I ignored it as it might have been a spam call about some insurance that I must buy or I will die and the land-line started ringing a few seconds later. It must be something important that they have to call Minho urgently...

"Yeoboseyo?? Say what you want to say and never call again."

"May I know if you are related to Song Minho??" The voice was professional at if she has been trained to take these calls, there were also the familiar sounds of what a hospital environment would be.

Don't tell me... I put down the telephone and reached for my jacket which is strewn over the couch, I wore my jacket as I come out of his apartment and ran down to the lift lobby calling the taxi service at the same time to pick me up to the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital a few minutes later and went to the counter as instructed by the fellow nurse who contacted me. "May I know where is Song Minho right now??" I asked one of the nurses who are on duty. "I'm Song HaRa, his older sister."

"Your particulars please..." I handed over my ID to the nurses while they process something that I need not know, all that it matters is that they know that I'm here as his sister.

"He is on level 5, ward 23. The lift is on the left-hand side." The nurse recited and I thanked her, making my way up to his ward and preparing to give him a smack on the head.

I opened the door of his ward and walked closer, he was lying down not sleeping but slightly just staring into space. One of his arms is fractured and he had his head bandaged, in other words, he is in a very bad state. "Yah..." I stood in front of him. "How can you do this?? After all, I have told you not to hang out with them."

"I didn't hang out with them... I fought them and I won."

"For what?? I know that you are good at dodging but please you don't have a black belt in Taekwondo."

"It doesn't matter as long as I have completed my mission..." He finally landed his eyes on me who is on the verge of crying. Why does he always make me so worried??

"I protected MiWon from trouble and they will never come after her anymore." He gave me a weird smile that I have last seen in 10 years, that's the smile when he is satisfied with everything that he had in mind. Why is my brother so kind and selfless??