Chapter 52

Minho

I got out of the lift from the basement floors to the ground floor, and I spotted a girl sitting in a wheelchair looking around with a weird look on her face. "Na Miwon, what are you doing here for?" I walked towards her and she jumped slightly, not expecting that I would find out about her coming to this hotel so quickly.

She was staring at me for a few seconds looking a little relieved but quickly changed her facial expression to a dead-looking one, something that she used to do really well when she was being the old Na Miwon who loved no one else. "That's none of your business and I certainly didn't come all the way here because of you." But I can tell that she was lying about it, I know the look from her face just by staring at her.

"Well, OK. If you are going to book a room, do so and if you are not, you can get out of here since you don't want to see me so much." I smiled slightly just to annoy her a little. "You are not here to check up on me right? To see me if I am still fitting in with all the youngsters who are doing the same thing as me, and to see me wearing this iconic uniform." I grabbed the edge of my collar.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Of course not! I am here to meet someone, and it is someone that you don't even know about." She cleared her throat and she takes out her phone from her handbag. "And I am about to call the person now."

I nodded. "Enjoy your stay here with your friend, I'll go to work now." I then walked away from here, feeling contented and happy that she has come all the way just to see me, she doesn't have many friends and I am her only friend that she feels comfortable with and she doesn't even stay near here at all. She came here solely just to see me, I can tell that she is still interested in me and she wants to know how I am coping with life ever since we had that fight at the hospital.

Although I have no idea why she suddenly changed her personality when she regained consciousness that day and decided that she will be the old Na Miwon and ignore me for the rest of my life, but it doesn't change the fact that I was the curse in her life and I shouldn't even exist in her life in the first place.

Ever since we first met, I have been nothing but nice to her, I was jealous that she was good in her studies and she doesn't need to study much because she is already smart, to begin with, I wanted to be like her but I know that I can never be like her. I am not smart enough to be like her and I am a disgrace to my family because I have done them wrong and I know that I will never get any forgiveness from them for the rest of my life.

And so I decided to ruin my entire life myself by being the bad guy and making everyone scared of me and not wanting to get close to me at all, I have even stained Na Miwon's life by dragging her into my shitty life, that was something that I shouldn't have done from the very start. I should've known that someone like me is not capable of having the right to love someone, even if the person is the right one for you, I will still ruin the person's life without intending to because I am already ruined and everyone that gets tied up with me will suffer the same consequences as well.

Because of me, Nam Daehwan has been harassing Miwon ever since she got involved in my life and he has even tried to kill her twice but she was saved, that was a warning for me to get away from her so that her life wouldn't be threatened for the third time and she might even be dead the next time Nam Daehwan tries to do anything to her.

Because of me, Na Miwon is always in pain and I needed to stay away from her so that she gets to live a better life, a life that doesn't involve me at all and that would be the best for the two of us. I think that she has the same intention as me, she wanted to avoid me because she didn't want to get involved in my life again, the more that she gets closer to me, the more hurt that she gets and it is all because of me.

"You're an idiot for thinking that way," SungJong said that to me while sipping on his beer and JiHoon nodded in agreement, I met up with the two of them after I am done with my shift to have a few drinks with each other. "It is just Nam Daehwan who is making life difficult for her, and he is not going to hurt Na Miwon anymore because he will be in jail."

Nam Daehwan was arrested on the day where we rescued Miwon from their headquarters and I heard that he is going to be sentenced quite heavily for his crimes and he is not going to get out of there for a while. "Right, SungJong is right. With Nam Daehwan out of the picture, why are you still so worried about?" JiHoon pointed a chicken wing in replacement of his own finger and he pointed it towards me.

"But it was a fact that I was the curse of her life and she would be able to lead a better life without me," I told them.

"But will you be happy though? Will you be happy if she leads a life without you in it and she decides to date someone else and it is not you, and she gets married happily with that person? How would you even feel about it? Think about yourself for once and stop telling yourself that you are a curse in her life." SungJong drinks a full glass of beer and he slams it on the table realty hard. "Will you be happy seeing that?"