Chapter 27

Minho

Who the hell is she to talk to me like that?? "What about me that I can't be here?? Why are you in the same course as me??"

She pushed her glasses up. "Why can't I be when I have such good grades?? Don't forget that I was the 2nd place the last time."

"What 2nd place?? Did you guys know each other??" MiWon looked at the both of us and then I remembered. She didn't remember anything about her school life and of course, everything that is from 3 years ago.

"You don't remember?? How can you not--" I cut that girl with glasses off. "Oh, I finally remembered you and I think that we need to have a talk during the break, we have a lot of catching up to do since we haven't met for so long." I turned towards MiWon who is still confused. "I'll be back soon."

I dragged her all the way to the upper floors of the faculty and I looked around for many people, there mustn't be anyone around or they will talk about it. "Song Minho, why do you have to drag me out of the class like that??"

"How long have you been in this course??" I asked her and she rolled her eyes. "Did we apply for the same course??"

"Of course, I have seen your name on the class list since the start of the school year and I tried so hard to avoid you and you still found me."

"But who the hell are you??" I asked. I never had the need to learn the names of each and everyone that I have met in my life, it is not like I'm that friendly like a certain idiot whose name I have forgotten.

"Listen, I'm going to say this once and for all. We were from the same high school and we are in the same class in year 3--"

A certain piece of memory came back to my mind, I remembered knowing a girl who had short hair and was wearing glasses, always pushing her glasses up. She was the cocky class president who bootlicked the homeroom teacher, the nerdy one who is always trying to compete with Na MiWon for the first place but still fall behind her as the second.

"I remember you now. You were that nerdy class president who was 2nd overall because you spent all the time trying to bootlick the homeroom teacher." I commented and she hit me hard on the shoulder, making me yelp in pain. Where the hell did she even get all her strength from??

"I don't bootlick anyone, the others spread the rumours and that made a loner for the whole 3 years and because of you, I got made fun even more. Did you know how much I suffered??"

"I know and I'm sorry." I briefly apologized. "But you deserved it."

"Then why does MiWon not recognise me at all?? I mean that I have a very impressionable face--" She took a look at me. "Well, except for you. Why is that?? Do you know what happened to her??"

"She lost her memories," I concluded and her eyes opened twice as wide, unable to comprehend this shocking news and I could sense that she was going to scream and yell. "If you are planning to scream and yell at me, please refrain from doing that. People are going to think that I have done something bad to you."

"Did you knock her unconscious?? That's why she lost her memories and you kidnapped her--" This is getting way too farfetched... "No one kidnapped her and I didn't knock her unconscious. She got into a car accident which left her paralysed from the waist down and lost her memories at the same time." I clarified her doubts and she just nodded in response. Did she watch too many thrillers to be saying all that??

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "Then does she know that you are--"

I shook my head. "Unfortunately no, I had to keep from her that I was the one who bullied her years ago and now I'm the one who is her caretaker. I am now in charge of taking care of her on a daily basis."

She crossed her arms at me. "But why?? Why did you want to take care of her?? I thought that you hated her a lot, you even bullied her on multiple occasions with your groups of boys. You know, the ones with weirdly coloured hair that are clearly not allowed for school."

"I used to but now seeing her in this state, I only wanted to protect her. Protecting her and making sure that she doesn't get into trouble is now my top priority."

"Do you have any feelings for her??" I glared at her fiercely and she immediately stopped talking. "Fine, I'll stop talking right now."

"Since you have known what happened to MiWon, I would advice you to behave yourself around her at all times and don't ever tell her that I have a bad past with her. The two of us are friends who reunited with each other at university."

"That sounds too dramatic, how about two classmates who used to have the same interests and we used to compete for the same stuff??"

"Are we in a teenage drama??" I scoffed at her suggestion. "Then we fall in love after that, then we would break up because of too many people objecting us to be together."

She rolled her eyes. "It is way better than your 'reuniting in university shit', no one is going to fall for that and I bet MiWon certainly won't believe it. You know how smart she is, she is going to see through that if we go with that."

I nodded. "Fine. If you dare to say anything about that to her, you will find yourself in the graveyard right away and I would hire someone to bury you alive. How horrible does it sound??"

We went back to class and MiWon was looking around for me with her stretched out the neck, I waved to her as I made my way to my seat and I sat down next to her just like old times where we got assigned seats to each other. I wished that the teacher in high school hadn't changed our seats...

"What did you talk about with EunHa ssi?? You guys took so long." She commented as I reached for the drink that I bought at the vending machine on my way back to the classroom, Jung EunHa went to the toilet.

"Nothing, we were just talking about how we used to compete with each other in high school. And I won most of the times." Like hell, I didn't even know her at all.

The only girl that I knew in high school was Na MiWon and only her, I couldn't see anyone except for her even in class, I was only looking for her. Maybe I was looking for her so that I could get my homework to do.

Is it because I had fallen for her the day that we first sat down next to each other??