Chapter 25

Miwon

I sat down in my room after taking a cab home straight from campus, I did it all on my own without anyone's help. I know that Minho ssi would go crazy if he knows that I was on my own and no butler was there to take care of me but I have to be independent sometimes.

Even though I'm wheelchair bound for life, I should learn to depend on myself so that I wouldn't burden others, including Minho ssi. Because of me, he has been going out of his way to take care of me even though he doesn't need to. He is always there when I needed his help to do anything, like getting my phone at the end of the table where I can't access it if I'm not on a wheelchair or even getting water for myself.

My phone rang right at the moment that I am thinking about him and I swiped right, answering his call. "Where are you, MiWon?? I couldn't find you anywhere in the school."

"I just reached home safely," I told him. On my own. Without anyone's help.

"You should've asked me to bring you home, I'm just nearby." He seemed very concerned about me and I don't like that he is way too concerned about me. "I could've brought you back home."

"I can go home by myself, you don't need to be there all the time. It is not like you are my boyfriend or something like that, we are just friends." I told him, sounding a bit childish over the fact that I want him to be my boyfriend. How good would it be if he were to be my boyfriend??

"Just don't go home by yourself the next time, you don't know what might happen to you if I'm not there. Next time, call me if you want to go anywhere." Even if it is in your heart??

"I will, Minho ssi." I smiled. "How has work been for you today??"

"Good, it has been good. I didn't spill any coffee nor pissed off any customers today." He laughed. "It's funny how I chose to be a Barista at this age when I should be working full time."

"It's okay, I'm still studying as well and I can't wait to see you in classes." I bet that he looks very hot in his lab coat... "I want to meet our classmates, I want to know how they look like."

"You won't like them." He answered which made me raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"Why??" He has always told me that some students are just very bad in general and I should never ever get close to any of them... "Are they that bad??"

"Just do as what I have said and you will do well..." I nodded and then realized that he can't see me. "You still there??"

"Yes. Don't work too much and take good care of your health." I told him and there was a long silence before he just hung up. He's embarrassed, he doesn't say anything if he is embarrassed...

I smiled at the image of his ears turning red whenever he is embarrassed and shy, he pretends that he didn't hear that and clears his throat, his face turning red as well. I wonder how does he feel about me??

------------------

Hara

Song Minho's humming sound went through my ears as he chopped up onions on the chopping board, he is preparing dinner for the both of us and it is the first time that he is actually humming a song in 3 years. The last time that he actually hums, it was the night where he carried Na Miwon in his arms, her just resting in his arms since she passed out. 

He cooked dinner for her and me, of course as I was begging him to do the same. And it was the first time that he ever cooked for anyone else other than me, I forced him to cook for me since I can't whip up a meal by myself without having to set fire to the kitchen. He whipped up a meal for her out of will even though she doesn't appreciate his kindness and left abruptly after seeing him. 

But my younger brother is a damn idiot, he continued to show his kindness to her and she doesn't return it to him. There is only one reason for that, he has already given all his heart to her. He liked her - nope, he loved her. - with all his heart, MiWon was the first one that he ever loved and will love for the rest of his life.

He finishes up his cooking and placed one place in front of me, it was Kimchi fried rice. "What song is it this time??" I asked him as he sat down opposite me. "The melody is beautiful and soothing at the same time."

"Love scenario by Ikon, I first heard it at the café that I was working at." He answered. "Why?? I thought that you weren't the type to listen to songs."

"Just asking." I took a mouthful of the Kimchi fried rice and savoured the taste of it, it tasted the same as always. "You enrolled MiWon into Psychology, since when??"

He nodded. "She begged me to get into university, so I did what as she told me to. Have I made the right decision??"

Yes, you have... Even though he has hurt Na MiWon once, I believe that he wouldn't do it again. He will make sure to protect her with all his life, him getting all beat up 3 years by the gangsters. Him being so foolish to go against 10 people when he can't fight them well, he did it all for Na MiWon.

Other than his own family, MiWon is first to him and he should make sure that she doesn't get harmed, remain the new Na MiWon that she has become and him being the secret guardian that he has become for her.

Even if he gets hurt in the process, even if he doesn't get his love back. He will still be her secret guardian.