Chapter 23

MiWon

I beamed in delight as I waited for Minho ssi to finish up my enrollment documents at the administration office, it won't be long before I start studying at a university. He had me choose a few courses before coming here, he said that I should choose a course that I have an interest in pursuing it and not the ones that seemed interesting.

While choosing, my eyes were always on psychology studies and not at the other courses that he recommended me to take, business studies and all that technical stuff that I will fall asleep as soon as classes start. I don't know I was attracted to it so much, it is like an instinct that I have to choose this course no matter what. I know psychology is hard to get a place in especially when it is in the middle of the school term but it won't be hard as I had high grades and scored first in my high school.

"So, I confirm. Na MiWon will be starting classes in the faculty of science, psychology studies this coming Friday." The administrator gave him a few things. "This is her schedule and tell her to report at the place as indicated at 9 am sharp."

"I got it, it won't be hard as I am on the same course as her." He told the administrator.

The other reason why I chose psychology studies is that Minho ssi is also in the course. He might not look like the smart type but he scored top 10 in his high school so getting into psychology studies were considered easy for him compared to his peers. I want to be on the same course as him, I want to see him every day.

I don't know why I was so attracted to him but I find myself thinking of him and only wanting to be with him all day long. Maybe it is because he was the first person that I asked to have a meal with and he was so caring to me even though we have never known each other before. Was he always this kind??

"Let's tour around the campus to get you used to the campus surroundings, I had told the administrator to put you in the same class as me so that I can bring you to class." He gave me the documents and I took a brief look at it. I'm finally starting school...

"Thanks, Minho ssi... I can get around in a wheelchair on my own, didn't you say that you have work to go to??"

He checked his watch, he said that he needed to go off by 4 pm and it was 10 minutes before 4. "Right, good thing that you reminded me but it is okay, I can still bring you home--"

"Minho ssi, I'm not a child. Nothing much will happen to me, I will call you if anything happens."

"But--" I shushed him away. "Just go, it is not like I would die if you are not around. Go and work, don't spend all your time taking care of a cripple. I can do this on my own, please let me do this on my own."

He let out a long sigh and looked at me with the same face he always used when looking at me, those soft longing ones. "OK, better call me when you sense yourself in danger. I will run down here as soon as possible."

"I will be fine, don't worry," I reassured him and he runs off to his workplace, I laughed when he bumped into someone on his way out of campus. He must really be in a rush and I am holding him up...

I heaved a sigh and my hands went to the wheels of my wheelchairs on each side, pushing it forward so that I can start moving from being stationary. I pressed the button at the front and the wheelchair started moving forward, I had told my mother to buy the electrical wheelchair for me instead of the manual wheelchair is it would be very tiring if I were to wheel myself to anywhere.

The campus is really beautiful with the infrastructure and all, there is a fountain in the middle of the campus and there is the school name on the bottom of the water foundation and it seemed very new, they must have added it not so long ago. There were some students walking around campus and I greeted them with enthusiasm. "Annyeonghaseyo!!"

They did the same as me and one girl with long hair whispered to her friend so loud that I could hear it. "Heol, they actually let a cripple to study in the same school as us??"

"I know right, why are they even so persistent?? They can't even move as fast as we do with those wheelchairs of theirs."

My smile faded and I slowly moved myself to them, then increasing the speed so that I can reach them. I stopped the long-haired by pulling gently at the hem of her long skirt."Hey, you know that I can hear that right??"

She turned around and had an awkward smile on her face, her friend followed suit. "You heard wrongly, we aren't--"

"I hope that I didn't but cripples like us are also smart if you are wondering why are we in the same school as you and--" I touched the button of my wheelchair. "It is electrically powered so it can move as fast as a fellow human with two functioning bottom limbs can. I hope that solves your problem with cripples like me."

"Ermm, we are sorry that we have offended you. Please forgive us." The other friend spoke up. "We shouldn't have done that."

"Yes, you really shouldn't. But thankfully I'm someone with a big heart, you would've suffered a lot if it was someone else." I said with a smile and they immediately walked off quickly after bowing to me once again. I heaved a sigh of relief and was overwhelmed by what I have just done. How did I even say that to people that I have not known before?? I am amazed that I can fight off people like that with my witty and brutally honest remarks, am I like that before??

------------
Minho

I watched the two ladies running off after MiWon had said something to them that made them run off and I smirked, she must have commented on something that they couldn't answer. Na MiWon is not just a changed person, she upgraded herself. She once didn't try to fend off her bullies but now she faces them with the same savage side that I have always known.

I gave a big relieved smile as I left the campus, I thought that I should still monitor her from behind in fear that she might be targeted by bullies but I'm relieved now. She can help herself, Na MiWon is an independent woman. And I find myself falling in love with her again.