Chapter 11

Minho

I let out a breath of tobacco and extinguished it by stomping on it with my foot as I exited the rooftop and to the lift where I board to go back home, Na MiWon just left looking all stubborn and rude. Is being stubborn the best thing in the whole world??

I can't believe that I have known such a stupid person in my life that lacks love and pretends that she is fine when she is clearly calling for help. Her heart is calling for help for someone that would look out for her.

"What happened at the rooftop?? Did you guys fight??" My sister asked as she sees my angry face and I slammed the door to make matters worse. It is all because of that Na MiWon.

"I don't even want to talk about her anymore. I can't believe that I saved someone that doesn't appreciate my kindness."

"Maybe she just hates you. You guys aren't exactly on the best terms with each other, right??"

I nodded. "Am I being rude to her??" I asked since I poured myself a drink from the carton of apple juice.

"Maybe in her opinion, you are rude to her. What did you even do to make her hate you so much??"

I scratched my head trying to remember what I have done to her and I have always been nice to her all this time except for the times where I beg for my worksheets. The underlings said bad things to her and even pushed her head down that it hits the table.

"What did you do to that?? Called her names??" My sister asked me giving me a glass. "I also want a glass of it." She said referring to the apple juice that I had in my hand, I passed it to her and she poured apple juice for herself.

"I did things that hurt her," I admitted at last and sat down on my couch, placing the glass of apple juice down on the coffee table. "What should I do to save this, Noona??"

"Change your style." She looked up and down at my dressing. "It looks too scary, that tattoo on your shoulder." She pointed it out and I stared at it. It is indeed scary but this tattoo is what makes me.

"It is not like I can wash it out, it's permanent and I have already changed my style. I started to go to school every day."

"That doesn't mean that she will forgive you just because you go to school every day." She said. "Maybe you could show her that you are sincere enough."

"How to?? I think that I'm being very sincere by talking to her whenever I can."

"Quit being a gangster, that is one of the things that you can start doing. Stop hanging out with them."

"Minho, I'm begging you..." She pleaded with a glint of sadness in her eyes. "Please..." I know that noona but there is no going back after being one. You can't go back to a normal lifestyle.

"I'm sorry, Noona but I can't. Once you become one, you can't be the normal one anymore." I confessed.

"Minho..." She whispered. "I beg you... Anything can happen if you continue to be one."

"Go back home, I'm sure that Omma and Appa will be worried about you not returning at this timing." I pushed her out of my apartment. "Care more about yourself." You will only waste your time if you care about someone like me.

----------

MiWon

I got back home and switched on my laptop immediately seeing all the messages that were left for me. One message caught my eyes and I opened it to know more about it. It is from my mother, the one that only cared about work and nothing else. The good-for-nothing mother of mine.

It was an invitation to one of the biggest functions that are going to happen in a few days later and my mother wanted me to attend for the sake of me representing the heiress of one of Korea's biggest corporations.

"I'm never attending this to please the two of them," I said to them and there was my phone ringing. It must be my mother...

I hesitated to pick up but I still did. I want to know what she is up to this time. "You should be reading that email by then and you should be receiving your dress by mail earliest the day after. There is also a note for you to memorize as you are required to speak in front of the audience and introduce yourself to the public for the first time ever. Dress up nicely and impress the audience." She spoke to me as if she is reading from a script.

"I'm not going." I simply answered to all that.

"You are, you have to. Stop whining like a little kid."

"So you still treat me like a little kid?? I said that I'm not going."

"You have no right to argue about this, you will know why."

I heard a knock on the door and I turned my head towards it. It opened and a few men appeared behind it. She hired people to make sure that I don't escape. She is still smart after all.  "You are smart enough to think about that, aren't you??"

"Of course, I'm your mother that's why. I have to be more capable than my daughter. Attend this function and I won't bother you anymore. Go to that place all you want."

I hung up after hearing that she had granted my wish to go to New Zealand after graduation. I can go to New Zealand...

I went back to my laptop and ordered an airline ticket to New Zealand the day immediately after graduation. A smile appears on my face for the first time ever after a very long time as I will be granted freedom. No one will care about me anymore and I will be forgotten. At least I don't get bullied anymore.

The end is approaching...