Chapter 62

3 years later...

Miwon

"Tell me everything that made you unhappy about your life." I took a tiny sip of coffee as I sat down at my desk, listening to a girl talk about her troubles and she is crying a little but I have already prepared a box of tissues for her to wipe her tears.

People always cry a lot whenever they come to see me and sometimes they can't stop but it is good, at least they are talking about their problems and not keeping it inside, bottling everything up is never good to your body and you will one day suffer from your own actions. And you are here to cry, and I am here to listen to you and give you bits of advice to take a look at a new respective and hopefully live a better life than you are right now.

"I don't feel so good, I feel like nothing is going my way and I am unlucky with whatever I do. I wished that I was never born so that I wouldn't have to suffer so much, I should've died a long time ago so that I would be happier and it is not like anyone appreciates my existence at all."

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. "One older brother but he is way older than me, he doesn't live in the same house as me and we don't see each other that often."

"How about your parents? Are they married or separated? Are one of them dead or divorced?" I then asked her another question about her family once again.

"They are married to each other for almost 30 years and they are not going to divorce anytime soon, they love each other a lot." She stopped crying and looked at me. "Why are you even asking me about my family? I thought that you are supposed to talk about me and my life, why the sudden question to include my family?"

"Because your family is part of your life, you bitch..." I cursed at her and she looked at me with a confused look on her face. "Yes, you are such a self-conceited bitch that you don't even go to your parents for help and suffer alone like an idiot, why are you so afraid of approaching your family and having a one-to-one talk with them just like what I am doing with you right now? Do you not consider your family at all?"

"I..." She was stunned by my words, of course, she would be, every person who sits in her spot experiences this when they come to see me for the first time. "I am not close to them, that's all. And they probably wouldn't want to listen to me talk about my depression, they will just tell me to forget about being unhappy. How do I even do that?"

"Have you ever tried talking to them in the first place? Don't dismiss your family as not important and a second choice when you haven't even spoken to them yet, and about your older brother, have you even ate lunch with him on your own before?" She shook her head. "That is the problem with you, you jump to conclusions way too quickly and let those problems grow in your head for too long and you became like this. And you let it drag out for as long as possible and when it affects you too much, you come and look for me. You could've skipped all of that and spoke to your family and friends which is step one but you didn't and that makes you an idiot."

The girl couldn't say anything for a moment and I allowed her to think on her own while I made sure of that time to finish up on my cup of coffee, I hope that what I just said to her opened a new perspective to her life and that she wouldn't try to sue me for insulting her and calling her a bitch. She slowly nodded her head and I smirked. "What you said make so much sense."

"Of course I do, I don't have an IQ of 140 for nothing. So are you willing to allow me to tell you what you should do to improve your mental health?" She nodded her head, this time a little more eager. "Talk to people like how we are doing right now and spend more time with your family, they are the people who will not give up on you no matter how disappointed they are with you. They will understand your problems, and you will do that for the next one week and if it doesn't work, you have the right to bring me to court for insulting you and making you feel offended by my choice of words." I told her.

She scoffed. "Why would I even want to sue you for something like that? You didn't insult me, you knocked some sense into me and you have done a very good job about that." She finally smiled for the first time ever since she stepped into this room. "You are better than those fake counsellors in schools, you should be working in those huge psychiatric clinics. Why are you even working as a university counsellor?"

"Because I was once like you, wanting to give up on life when a certain someone knocked some sense into me and told me how to love myself," I told her. "That was the thing that stopped me from wanting to end my own life."

"Who was it? Your father, your friend?" I flashed her the wedding ring that I am wearing on my left ring finger. "Oh, your husband. He must be really handsome for you to start a new life just like that."

I shook my head. "Not only that, but he is also really good at making others happy and he is bad at hiding his emotions, he is also a big softie." I smiled. "But most of all, it is his resilience to love me even though I was so broken that made me want to trust my entire life with them. I hope that you can find someone like them as well and become happy."

She nodded her head. "I will." She stood up from her seat. "It was nice speaking to you, Ms Na Miwon."