Chapter 21

Miwon

I let out a smile as I stared at the reflection on my phone, the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. It allows you to communicate with others with this gadget, he commented as I asked him.

It has been a few days ever since I regained consciousness from a 3-year long coma which is the aftermath of a car accident, they said that I was in a taxi and the taxi collided into the wall of the highway. I was in pretty bad shape but I was sent to the nearest hospital as soon as possible by a stranger who didn't want to reveal himself.

I had asked Minho ssi about it and he told me that the person just had a heart of gold and wanted to help me, he left immediately after admitting me in the hospital and of course the other casualty in the car accident, the poor taxi driver. The taxi driver has long since discharged from the hospital and has gone back to work as a regular taxi driver as he is the one that has sustained lesser injuries and I was the one that has a very low chance of surviving.

The doctor said that I lost all of my memories, not having any memories of anyone and the bigger bad news is that I had lost feeling in both of my legs. I am paralyzed from the accident and I could never walk on my own two legs ever again, I would have to go anywhere else in a wheelchair.

But it is okay, it is not like life would be over if you can't walk by yourself. Maybe in the olden days, you would feel that way but nowadays there are a lot of things that can aid you even if you can't walk, there are the electrical wheelchair and clutches, there is also physiological sessions will be held for me to learn how to walk again even if I have a very low chance of being able to walk again.

I looked at the phone's camera functions and there was a button where you take pictures of with, there was a flip option and I pressed it so that the camera would face me. I let out a smile and took a picture, it turned out pretty well for my first picture.

"Heol, you know how to take pictures??" Minho ssi gasped as he saw the picture that I have taken. "It looks good."

"I learned about it from dramas, there was a scene of a drama last night and that scene showed a lady taking a selfie," I answered simply, did I do it wrong?? "Did I do it wrong??"

He put two hands up to protest. "No, I mean that I was surprised that you already know how to take pictures even though I haven't taught you yet."

"I don't know, it just came to my mind. Was I a smart person??"

"Maybe..." He shrugged. "I think that your IQ is around 140 to be that smart to know how to take pictures when you lose your memories."

I nodded and looked at him, his hair is styled fluffy like those guys in dramas, he is dressed comfortably in T-shirt, jeans and a pair of sandals and he seems like the same age as me. I wonder if he is a student... "Are you in university??" I asked him.

He looked up from his phone. "Yes, freshmen year. I have just attended classes a month ago, why were you asking??"

"Is university a fun place to be in??" I added.

"University is a place where you want to pursue your dreams and it is way better than high school." He explained to me who has totally no recollection of going to school. Was I a very good student?? Was I the sociable type??

"Why so?? Do they bully students there?? I saw in school dramas where a group of student gang up on one student."

"Not all schools are like that but my school is just like what you have described. Students in my high school committed suicide all the time and there will be someone bullying someone every 60 minutes."

"Oh, I'm sorry that I asked you about that. You must have a bad time there." I apologized. "I'm a bit nosy right??"

"It's okay, it is not like it hurts for me to talk about my school life. I guess that your school life was enjoyable."

"How would you even know?? You haven't even known me before 3 days ago."

"What if I am someone that you have known for a long time?? It is just that you don't remember." He replied. "Not everything starts after you have lost your memories."

Have I accidentally upset him?? "I'm sorry..." I apologized. "I'm just curious..."

He sighed. "It's okay. You want to remember everything that you have before you got into an accident. I'm just too hotheaded sometimes, I'm sorry that you have to see that side of me."

I smiled at how he tried to apologize, he looks cute trying to explain himself that he has done wrong, that rubbing on the nape of his neck, him looking down on the floor while his ears were really red.

"Now I feel more guilty asking you about your school life," I commented and he stopped, his face still looking that flushed. I wonder how he is as a high school student...

"OK, I'll stop." He said and I smiled. "You want to get into university right??"

I nodded. "Can that be done?? I want to go to school with you every day." I commented and I swore that he fell off the chair, bumped into the curtain, twirled around for a short second before falling down on his butt. How I wished that I could save him from all that...

I let out a laugh at how he fell down and he got even more embarrassed due to that. "Why did you even want to do that??" He omitted the other words and he stood up. "I'm not a good person to go to school with, I'm the school's troublemaker."

"You aren't a bad person, I just know that. I can see that from your eyes."