Chapter 42

Minho

"Are you sure that we can do that?" I asked the others when we were standing in front of the police station, I was actually afraid to go inside a police station, given by my regrettable past, I have many times went to the police station and it is all because I got caught doing something that I shouldn't be doing but yet I chose to do it, it is the only way for me to earn money in a short time and it is all the illegal stuff that fetch a lot of money.

"Why? We are totally doing something good, we are not going to turn yourself in and it has been a few years since you have retired from the industry, I don't think that any of the policemen in there will recognize you." SungJong reassured me. "We are not going anywhere if we keep standing here doing nothing, we have a human to save."

I exhaled one last time and we got inside the police station, there were a lot of people in there, all doing their job at various stages and handling all kinds of people who were either shouting or yelling, it is quite a very chaotic place and you will think about getting out of there as soon as possible if you don't work there. My memories of me getting caught for illegal activities came back to me, it wasn't a good part of my life and I deeply regretted joining that group of people who nearly ruined my entire life if I hadn't listened to my older sister back then, I would've ended up in jail for some crime that would make me stay there for life.

"Is there anything that I can help you guys with?" I turned to my left and there was the person that I wanted to look for, he will definitely help us in finding Miwon. "Minho! What are you doing here on such a lovely day?"

Seeing his facial expression, I don't think that he knows about the news that his only daughter got kidnapped. "Officer Na, I..." And I can't seem to tell him anything, my system just decided to malfunction and so is my ability to remain calm and sound. "Miwon... She... I..."

"Officer, can we go somewhere quieter? It is something that concerns you greatly and you should know about this." The officer nodded and we moved from the front counter of the police station to his personal office where he had us seated in a row directly facing the opposite where he is sitting. "What is this that you need to tell me urgently, Minho? You seemed really distressed." He turned towards my other two friends, stopping at SungJong.

"I hope that you are prepared to hear this, Officer Na but your daughter has been kidnapped a few hours ago and we have no idea where she is so we decided that we go to the police station for professional help." I literally watch his face turn pale in a matter of seconds and he gulped his saliva, he couldn't believe what he just heard. "To be precise, it is by someone that Minho knows quite well and we don't know what his motive is for kidnapping Miwon ssi."

"So... You are saying that my daughter has been kidnapped?" His eyes darted to every part of my face really quickly and I sense his killing mode has been turned on.

"Mr Na, I'm so sorry but I didn't mean for this to happen, I should've stayed by her side at all times so that something like this wouldn't happen at all. I'm sorry that I have failed in protecting Na Miwon and now she is gone, it would be better that I stop being friends with Miwon so that she would be fine." I told him. "I deserve to be beaten to death by you, Mr Na."

But he showed no signs of killing me as he listened to me rattle on and on about points that I have already mentioned before and he stopped me with his right hand. "Who is this person that kidnapped Miwon?"

"It's Nam DaeHwan, he is also one of the guys who is involved in Miwon's car accident years ago." My lips trembled. "He is also part of the gang that I used to be a part of and he is after me, and he knows that my weakness is Miwon."

JiHoon pleaded. "I know that it hasn't been 48 hours since she had disappeared but we really have to find her before then, hooligans of that sort is very ruthless and they will really kill people." He is right, the gang that Nam Daehwan is in deals with a lot of dirty businesses that is rather common with all the other secret societies but there is one thing that they specialise in, they are specially trained to get rid of unwanted people or the people that are being on their blacklist.

I was never a part of that project because I have no intention to kill anyone and there is no way that I am doing that just to show that I am ruthless and fearful to everyone who disrespects me, and I am glad that I left that sickening group for a better future. "Give me that name of the group and I promise that I will send out dispatch to everyone that is not on duty, it would be at least around 40 people who will be out searching for Miwon and I will be out there as well, I'll tell you guys if there are any updates about Miwon's whereabouts."
He cleared his throat. "You guys can continue to search in the meantime, call me if there are any updates." We nodded and got out of his office when I got called back by Officer Na. "Minho, get back here for one second, I almost forgot about it."

I guess that his desire to kill me is still on, judging by his tone and the way his eyes are staring at me, I am definitely going to get killed this time even before I get to find his daughter. "Minho, I know that you were a part of them and how much you wanted to get away from them but this time, I have a special mission for you."

"What mission, Officer Na?"

"Get my daughter back in pieces and make sure that nothing happens to her, you will be handsomely rewarded with something that you only can get, your two friends will get a small part of the reward but you get the entire thing." He said with a smile. "I'll grant you permission to marry my daughter if you find her, I mean it."