Chapter 44

Minho

I went to the side gate of the abandoned garage to see if I could unlock it, there is a reason why I went to the side door instead of the main door, going to the main entrance attracts too much attention and it is not good to do that especially when you are trying to break in. And I have a lot of experience with these kinds of things since I have survived in there for 3 years ever since I discovered that there is another world other than the world that most people live in, I thought that that world was the right world for me and no one would judge me for who I am, because everyone is the same there and we treat our gang leader as the boss and we are to listen to them at all times no matter how ridiculous the request is.

The moment when I realized that I had already made a wrong choice, I had already done all the bad things that I wasn't supposed to do, I got a few tattoos in order to show how fearless I am and how cool was I to own these markings  on my body that had been permanent from the second it was inked on my body, I engaged in illegal drinking and smoking and my father found out about it and I finally had the perfect reason to be out of the family and live on my own but I deeply regretted it now.

I could've still lived with my family if I hadn't joined a gang and because that I wished to have my own independence and not wanting to rely on my parents for everything, I strayed away from goodness and went to the other world, thinking that it would be the best decision that I had made in my life but it turns out that it is the worst mistake that I have ever made in my life. Because of the mistake that I had made, everything was ruined for me and I didn't have a great time with my life, I struggled with financial issues all the time because I refused to take any money from my parents even when my mother had tried to wire me money to my bank account and I transferred it back, telling them I didn't want their money but in fact I wished that they would help me but I have already disappointed them too much.

And then Na Miwon came into my life and changed my perspective towards life, because of her I found out that this life of fighting and struggling to find security within chaos is not the life for me and I should try to find a new purpose in life and I did just that, I quitted the gang months after I saved her from that suicide attempt and I cut off all ties from anyone who is related to the gang. She made me want to change for myself, she helped me discover love and for the first time ever, I actually wanted to love someone for who they are and not because I am required to.

And now I am determined to save her so that I could continue to love her and prove to her that she is the reason why I am the man I am today, it is because of her that I became human again and not a mindless fighting machine that gets his life in trouble all the time.

I found the latch that unlocked the heavy metal door and I let myself in after informing the others about my whereabouts so that they would be here in time to save the both of us, JiHoon and SungJong should be rushing their way here as well to assist me in rescuing Miwon out safely.

The whole place is empty and it showed no signs that someone could have been in here but I just know that Nam Daehwan have brought Miwon here and he is just waiting for me to arrive, he thinks that I am going to go to him for a fight but I am just going to take the safe route by doing nothing other than searching for Miwon and taking her out of here.

I know that I am definitely not strong enough to fight anyone at all and it has been years since I have actually landed a punch on someone except for Cha Eunwoo because he was a bastard but other than that, I never had the thought of beating anyone up and I had no reason to use my strength when I can use my brains for that.

I have also not trained in the longest time for the same reason and my fighting skills can be really rusty after not fighting for such a long time but if I really couldn't avoid that, I will fight to the end just to make sure that Na Miwon doesn't get hurt by anyone ever again and I promise that it will be my last fight with anyone.

I heard the heavy footsteps coming from behind me and I knew exactly who it was and I don't even need to turn my head around, his presence was enough to make me angry and annoyed at him. "Look who is here? You really heeded my words very well, one phone call and you are already here. And how did you even know about this place? I didn't even provide you with the address."

I turned around and he was there, standing there with his cocky face, he must think that he is controlling me and he is definitely wrong about that. "I didn't need to think too much about it, I thought that you would be here just because that this place used to be the old headquarters for the gang and you hang out here all the time. And you are here, hiding her in here as well. Am I right about that?"

He did nothing but his face decided to change. "You are indeed very clever, I know that about you ever since I met you the first time but you forgot about something else, I loved setting traps and seeing people get trapped in there."

"What are you talking about?" I didn't understand him at all, what does he even mean by that.

He smirked. "This hangout place is not the place where I placed Na Miwon at, she is at somewhere else where you have no idea about. You are in my trap now and you have no way of escaping anywhere unless you get through this." Tens of men started to surround me as he finishes the sentence and they all had weapons on them, waiting to hit me with that as soon as their leader gives them the cue.