Chapter 45

Minho

He continued to laugh as loudly as he can, he is clearly enjoying this way too much than I have expected and I have totally not expected this to occur, even though I have thought of it being a possibility but it just seemed like it he wouldn't do such a thing. I am not such an important person to him and he doesn't need to do all of that just to make me go back to them.

I have gotten over that part of being the gangster that everyone is fearful of, the one who everyone steers clear of and the one who works hard for things that will get him into trouble, I am done with that life because it is a life that I would enjoy it when I am younger and stronger but not when I am older and weaker without a proper degree to get a job anywhere in this nation and then I would resort to working menial jobs in fast-food restaurants and offices where I would clear their rubbish for them after they are done with whatever they are doing.

I have the brains for things that are better for me in this world and I have been wasting time doing something that I will later regret at some point of time and it will be too late for me, I would either end up in jail and have a kid with some random woman who will become a single mother to take care of my child while I am serving time behind bars. I don't want that to happen to me and that's why I wanted a better life, a life where I would make better life decisions and think with my brain and not my fists.

But a lot of these people who have joined the gangster life have found it hard to leave, no matter what the reason is and it is because they have nothing in their name that they can be proud of and what can they do outside of this life, and that they have done far worse things that they are ashamed of and it can't be changed so the only way of surviving is to live the life as they have always had and been a gangster for life. That is a very pathetic life if you ask me, people only fear you not because of you have the power to make people be afraid of you, it is because they didn't want to get into trouble and they will try all their best to avoid you in fear of getting into trouble with you, hence the misinterpretation of being fearful when instead you are weak and powerless to make great decisions on your own.

And Nam Daehwan is exactly like that, a pathetic bastard who doesn't know what to do with his own life and thinks that he is winning this entire thing that he had set me up with. I let out a laugh, a laugh that is way louder than his and it made him shut his mouth for once, the atmosphere became so silent that our breathing sounds could be heard so clearly. "What are you laughing about? Are you nuts? You are about to die at any moment and you are here laughing?"

I stopped myself from laughing for a second so that I could talk to him. "I'm sorry but this is just too funny, you must think that I am still the old Song Minho from back then who fears the boss but I just can't get serious about the whole situation when you are now the boss of this whole organization, you can't even fight a man of your own size when you first joined."

That helped me get a lot of responses from his men who laughed at his past when he first joined the gang, he is just a very scrawny boy who might just break when the wind gets to him, he also sustained a lot of heavy injures during his first month and he even cried a few times telling me that he wanted to quit the gang by the end of the month. "You-- I wasn't that scrawny, to begin with, I am just very lean and slim but I have changed my physique and increased my muscles, making me the man that he is today."

"Enough of that, are you going to let your men fight me or not? They have been loitering around so much that I thought that I was doing stand-up comedy." They laughed again. "Guys quit this life right now and do something more important for your future, it would help you a lot."

"Hey, who told you that you can do that to my men?" He cleared his throat and crossed his arms. "Time is over, you don't have a chance to play around anymore, my men are going to crush and make you nothing. Na Miwon will be gone from your life as well if you couldn't fight all my men, all your hope is going to be lost."

I smirked, at last, wanting to hear the right answer from him and I finally did. "Now, we are getting serious. I tell you what, hand over Miwon right now and I promise not to hurt your men."

"Are you that strong? Even if you are that strong, I have far more people that can win over you." He looked at all of his men and I signalled a finger to tell them that it is time to fight, and they did. These guys are trained to fight till death and they will do whatever just to make sure that they get to survive, that is how they are being raised in this environment after all.

I have tried to stall as much time as I can but I still can't manage to make him spill the whereabouts of Miwon on his own, he is such a hard nut to crack. I avoided everyone that comes by my way, I was clear that I didn't want to fight because it is not the right way to solve a problem, it only further aggravates the situation even more.

And then I saw Lee SungJong revealing his face at the top floor of the garage and JiHoon is with him as well. How do they find me so quickly?